• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Route to the rally

S

Steve Lake

For folks traveling up through the Portland / Vancouver area I can recommend Hwy 503 that goes through Battle Ground, Amboy. Turn right at Jack's Store and head to Cougar. Gt on Hwy 25 and head north to Hwy 12. You will get some great views of Mt St Helens and Mt Adams, plus the roads are have plenty of nice 45 and 90 degree turns and twists. Have fun and ride safe:) :bliss

Oregon Twisties

Hey, Steve, We'll be shipping our bikes down to Seattle, from Alaska, and I'm trying to find out about as many good roads to ride as I can Prior to arrival. I hear there are some nice ones down toward southern Oregon East of I-5. Anymore hidden twisties out there?

Molly - There are a lot of options coming down from Seattle and into Oregon. The coastal area is very scenic and there is some great roads through the coastal mountains into the Willamette valley where you could get onto Hwy 20 to Bend. Or you could head down the Columbia river gorge on HWY 14 and then cross over into Oregon at Hood River. Fly on around the east side of Mt Hood and over into the high dessert country. Let me know what you would like to see on your trip and I can help you plan your route so you take in great scenery and good roads.:idea

5 Weeker

Thanks for the reply Steve, Well, Like I said, we're shipping the bikes down in late June. From Seattle, we'll probably head south'ish, taking our time looking around. Oregon, Northern Calif., then maybe towards Reno, and the Grand Canyon. From there we're not really sure, but probably up towards NE Utah to visit family. From there, probably up to Mt. Rushmore, and on towards Montana. Then for the grand finale, over to the ralley in Spokane . After the ralley, We'll ride the bikes back to Alaska. Lots of time,lots of country, and lots of ambition. We'll See! I've been reading some of the posts and writing down some of the roads that sound interesting. By the way, I grew up in Scholls, but have been in Alaska for 31 years, so I'm kinda outta touch. Thanks ahead of time for your info, and hopefully we'll see you at the rally. Thanks, Dave.

Dave - sounds like your planning a great trip, we have a good BMW dealer in Portland on 82nd ave a few miles south of the airport Tue thru Sat. Also in Salem just south of downtown. Both places have good people, just in case you run into trouble!
Ride fast and safe- Steve:bliss

Goin through Portland

Actually Steve, The wife is in need of a new front tire, I imagine she'll get both front and rear, so we may well do that in Portland. Her biggest problem is deciding which one's to choose out of the many out there, any ideas for a 2000 K1200RS? Also, thanks for the road tip KBasa. Thanks again guys. Again, I hope to see you all in Spokane, or maybe on the road in our travels!

Dave,

If you are coming through Mt. on I-90 check out the post "Going to the Rally? Try this ride!!"

Tim

Back