• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your hexhead.

2013 R 1200 Anniversity

Leaving Home Stuart Fl for Atlanta Ga , Hendersonville NC, Belle Mead NJ, Mathews Va,then back home.
Absolutely Great Ride saw old friends and the slab was not too bad.image.jpg

2010 R1200R, the "April's Fool" bike, yeah I bought it on April 1st, 2014

Blue Ridge Parkway just before I rode into a rain cloud. Oh joy!

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpg
    IMG_1192.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 283
Delivery day...

Took delivery of an Urban GS today. Eurosport Asheville did a great job farklizing, including F/R Ohlins, Unit Garage fairing, front/side racks, Rizoma LED signals, Ion pegs & tank bag, ROX risers, Touratech hand guards, and a +2" saddle from Dianna's. Hope to get the first service done before the snow falls ;^) - 56667

Eurosport_R9T.jpg

Took delivery of an Urban GS today. Eurosport Asheville did a great job farklizing, including F/R Ohlins, Unit Garage fairing, front/side racks, Rizoma LED signals, Ion pegs & tank bag, ROX risers, Touratech hand guards, and a +2" saddle from Dianna's.
Looks like a fun bike.

Wow, BMW and KTM in the same building? the perfect toy store :thumb

Big Sky BMW in Missoula also sells both plus other brands. Moon Motorsports in Montecello MN sells that new US brand that the motor is 1/2 of a Corvette motor. I think the name is Motus.

Nice setup on the Urban there 56667:thumb nice retro touch. Hope you get that saddle time!

Yeah, we would be in trouble in this household if the Austrian and Germans were in the same dealer:whistle

San Antone currently has no Austrian presence and the one in ATX is a pain to ride to.

My 2017 R9T Scrambler

Bought it gently used from a friend who had swapped out the suspension with Ohlins along with some UN1T Garage accessories.
I've put almost 5000 miles on it while adding some mods to make it a bit more unique. It's been one of the funnest bikes I've owned.
R9T_P1020006_7_8a_800a.jpg

Mine during rally In Iowa Des Moines
96db6b25d311dfb70a623b902748e9bd.jpg

83446f0d0076fbfd375f8c90f674d405.jpg
08932dcb900c5ee69c4ab39b9c7fda6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

221mi 3 state ride...NC, SC, GS...

IMG_5305.jpg

...with the wife on her 500exc. Faboulous ride for December 29th...

IMG_5302.jpg

Last edited:
2013 R1200 GSA - my photo shoot

Bought this new in 2013 wanting to have the last one before water cooling. (Apparently the standard GS switched to water in 2013 whereas the Adventure was a year later).

This has always been my favorite color scheme with it's subtlety and classy palette. My previous BMW was the opposite, the sorta wild red and silver striped R1200s ;)

Anyway, I got some new lighting gear and thought I should do a few shots of the bike as my first studio lighting set up. I have years of experience in location "hot lights" but never worked with strobe until now.

r1200gsaAI0I1680 2.jpg

Wow! Welcome, Todd. Another great photographer in the group.

Your star pic reminds me of one that David Swider, a former MOA president took, some years ago.

Back