• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a picture of your hexhead.

OK OK I HAVE IT!!!:dance :dance :dance NOW if the snow would melt and roads dry I could Ride

Attachments

• IMG_0137.JPG
    IMG_0137.JPG
    67.6 KB · Views: 1,210
Nothing better..except maybe with a beer...after the ride!

This was the end of a 2100 mile ride from San Jose, to Bakersfield, to Las Vegas, to Los Angeles, and finally back to San Jose. The roads from Las Vegas to Riverside are open and empty. We avoided major routes. This is our fourth escapade into the desert. The R1200RT is made for this.:wave :wave :wave

Attachments

• P1160039.jpg
    P1160039.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 1,173
Hexheads sound better!

Though I do love the bagpipes, there is nothing like the purr of two RTs riding next to each other in perfect harmony:) However, listening to the bagpipes over the headset while you're riding is close to that perfect symphony of open road, humming engine, and sweet spot out of the wind. Oh...for this rain to end I would gladly give my kingdom.

PS - If you're interested, the whole trip is here: http://web.me.com/securus/From_here_to_there/Blog/Blog.html

Keep your shiny side up!

Last edited:
R1200R at play

Last ride with beautiful fall weather (2008) and the grip warmers are off.

2980722192_1a47110190.jpg

And a more static shot of the R1200R while it was so new the pipes aren't even blue.

2813366476_4649c44318.jpg

the daily horror it gets subjected to now.

3228083456_2e651423ce.jpg

Nice photos

Lumpycam, I like your photographic technique. Working for a magazine? If not, maybe you should.

Me on my bike in about 78 degrees F, laughing at a joke, during a 1.5 hour wait to cross back into the US. It was a 285 mile run-in to Mexico's Puerto Pe??asco to sit at the beach/soak in the spa/eat out a few meals/stay overnight, and this was the start of the 250 mile run home the next day on AZ's curvaceous 85. The weather was gorgeous. The trip was pure fun!

2712678640100360492S600x600Q85.jpg

it's funny, but i have been getting notices from the oilhead section (back when i had a '98 R1100RT) all these years, but never posted a picture of my '06 R1200RT. i've just come back to the forum after a few years :dunno

Attachments

• xmas08.JPG
    xmas08.JPG
    109.7 KB · Views: 1,251
New Member, first BMW. Fantastic bike. Can't stay off the thing. Gonna check out every back road in Florida. Lotsa oranges and cows. Love the smell of fresh...uh, pastures in the morning.

Attachments

• JPG 500.jpg
    JPG 500.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 1,230
Lots of . . pastures

Beautiful bike, David. I agree on the "perfect bike" sentiment. Lots of pastures east and south, down near the Lake, but the roads tend to be straight and flat. With a few exceptions, most of the fun roads seem to be north of I-4. I think I rode most of them yesterday.

I just noticed the shrouds on your instrument cluster -- is that stock, or an option? I usually don't have trouble reading the speedo or tach, but the computer display is hard to read because of reflections. I took some "paint protector" film and buffed it a little with a scotchbrite pad and cut a piece to fit over the display, and that helps a little, but those shades would help.

Thanks for the comments guys. Ray the shroud is from the K1200GT. Still some glare on the speedo at times tho. Your right about lots of straight roads down here. But I am finding some bent ones too.

My 2007 R1200RT

I'm new to BMW Motorrad. This bike was a gift from my brother. Once he is home from Walter Reed later this month we plan on doing some serious riding. :D

Attachments

• bike_and_me.jpg
    bike_and_me.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 1,490
Back