• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Post a picture of your hexhead.

2009 R1200R, with bags, Vstream shield, ABS, heated grips, computer, center stand.

Scott

rockstore_sm.jpg

Last edited:
FlagRS - Where was the last picture taken? If that is in the U.S. I sure would like to know where. By the way, beautiful bike......:)

Love to ride with you some time, FlagRS. Let me know by PM or post. And no there's rush, anytime is good.

Love to ride with you some time, FlagRS. Let me know by PM or post. And no there's rush, anytime is good.

PM sent

I tried two PMs and can't see them in my sent PMs - work on that later...

anyway - thanks Jason for the offer - let's get together for a ride. Big snow forcasted for Flagstaff Monday. I just put the bikes on the chargers yesterday and the K bike has a plugged rear tire. Its this time of year sometimes I wish I had a place in the valley, although most winters up her are dry and year round riding is good. Looking forward to meeting you - Kurt in Flag

Last edited:
My New / Used Head Former LEO R1200RT-P 2006

I purchased this R1200RT-P from my local Harley dealer ship. I knew the sole rider of this bike. So I knew the history also. Less than 10K on it. They were phasing out the beemer for Harleys. There loss and my Gain.
Thanks
Nigel
Oh I want to use the rear red and amber leds for the brake lights and turning signals.
anyone have an Idea as to where I can hook them up. Each strip of 3 uses 1/2 amp.

Attachments

• Beemer with My K-9 in the back ground..JPG
    Beemer with My K-9 in the back ground..JPG
    115.4 KB · Views: 1,236
Nigel -- do you plan to use the LEDs in addition to the bike's standard tail light and turn signals? If so, I would just try to tap into the standard wiring for those lights.

I will assume, for now, that the RT-P has the same wiring color codes for the standard equipment as the standard RT. My wiring diagram (in a Haynes manual) shows the hot leads as follows:

Turn signals: rear left--blue with white and red tracers; rear right--blue with black and white tracers.

Brake and tail light: grey with black and yellow tracers.

All ground wires are brown.

751034121_xApfw-M.jpg

An updated photo of my '07 RT after adding Z-Technik screen, BMW LED aux taillight, and GPS. I also swapped out my clear turn signal lenses for the amber simply because I prefer the look of the colored lenses. Not shown are mirror tethers and a hidden pigtail for connecting a Battery Tender directly to the battery. It's gettin' there...

2008 r1200gs

First time posting here, but this is on the oregon coast last june. Few more ad ons since this pic.
Mark

Attachments

• 100_0027.jpg
    100_0027.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,007
Ready to do some miles !

I updated from a RS to a 08 GS. I finally got it set up to some real miles this year.

Attachments

• 100_1584 resize.jpg
    100_1584 resize.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,290
Back