• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post a picture of your hexhead.

Thanks again Fish - free is good! I'll give that a shot first. I think there's a discount for smugmug somewhere too. Might be good to have them in one place. I'll try the free one for awhile.

I really had a beautiful ride down the Coronado Trail, but it was so nice with no traffic, I didn't end up stopping very often for pictures!

Thanks again Fish - free is good! I'll give that a shot first. I think there's a discount for smugmug somewhere too. Might be good to have them in one place. I'll try the free one for awhile.

You're welcome. You can get a $5 discount at smugmug.com by using my coupon: ZhWlkhimCnkeI. Of course, every other smugmug user has a coupon you can use too.

I really had a beautiful ride down the Coronado Trail, but it was so nice with no traffic, I didn't end up stopping very often for pictures!

Nice. It's always a balance of riding vs. stopping for pics. I used to stop a lot more than I do now. Same thing with kids. I used to take a ton of videos and photos and now I play with them more than take pics of them playing. :dunno I've got a huge stack of hi8 and DV tapes that need to be processed and transferred to DVD as well as about a thousand photos. My new Mac Pro should show up in about a week, so I can get crackin'. Maybe once I start processing them I'll get back in the mood to shoot more.

Ride safe,
fish

oops...this is the "post a pic of your hexhead" thread, so I'd better...

204456510-M.jpg

Traded in an F800ST for this a week ago. Just turned 600 miles. :D

NewR1200RT001.jpg

Here's mine. I've had her for 15 months now and the honeymoon continues.

Attachments

• Sunning herself.JPG
    Sunning herself.JPG
    98.6 KB · Views: 2,291
Well....signed my retirement papers this past Tuesday,leaving Dec 31st after a 31+ year run in this business

Bought my ultimate retirement traveler yesterday, made the '05 look small parked next to it. Spending my rainy Saturday transferring gadgets & gizmos to the new GiSelle.

Attachments

• P1010073.JPG
    P1010073.JPG
    147.5 KB · Views: 2,209
Steve,

You might love the bike, but you will love retirement a whole lot more. I'm 13 years into it, and it's the best job I ever had. I will admit that I have worked harder on retirement than when "working," but I work for me, and I work alone. No mistakes when one works alone. How good the pay might be is argueable, at best, but it's still the best job I ever had.

31 years? You earned the new bike.

Gary

Had my 06 R1200Rt painted, here are a few pics of the parts and pieces as I began to put it all back together.

R1200RTPaint009.jpg

R1200RTPaint002.jpg

R1200RTPaint004.jpg

R1200RTPaint003.jpg

4NBike,

Any repair work done before the painting? Any idea what kind of paint? Cost of paint job?

I have an '83 RT that needs some work on the upper faring. Eventually, I will get to it, the entire bike may need a new paint job by then.

Gary

No repair work at all the white was house of color pearl white with gold glitter the blue is a dark blue candy apple. All in it was about $1000.00

A bit on the spendy side, but a really handsome choice of colors. Something of which to be proud, I think.

Thanks,

Gary

2007 R1200rt

That's me on the left trying to look skinny. I never made it out of town that day. The ABS wire on the front was rubbed by the rotor and caused some problems. Then when I finally found a hotel room, I was so distracted by everything, I "snapped" a muscle or tendon or something in my calf trying to put the bike on the center stand. Had to walk with a cane for 2 weeks. I flew 1,000 miles to get my new baby and rode her home. I've had a few problems with the bike that have mostly been fixed, but it's still my all time favorite bike. Well... I just bought a 1972 Toaster Tank R50/5, so we'll see.

Attachments

• Old Blue.JPG
    Old Blue.JPG
    43.5 KB · Views: 1,888
Back