• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rustic Road Patch

I converted the track files linked from the advrider forum in an earlier post to routes and saved as a garmin gdb file. It's in a zip file so they could be uploaded it to the forum. It's a straight conversion using wingdb, so the waypoints aren't perfect, but it will certainly get you through the track.

So there's no confusion, this isn't JCabrane's route. I haven't had time to put JCabrane's turn-by-turn instructions into a route. Hope to have that done before hitting the road tomorrow.

Dave

Attachments

• SE Wisconsin - Converted.zip
    6.5 KB · Views: 7
You Know..

I could care less if I get an "award" for motorcycling. I would however, love to go on one of these rides. Every time this list had a new ride posted it filled up before I knew any thing about it.
My question is if there is anything illegal about following the group?
Like I said, I'm not worried about being registered or anything, I just don't want the organizers to get into trouble for leading a motorcycle "gang" through small towns.
-dan in michigan

It's not a question about illegal, its really a safety question. There are a couple of these roads where the sign is located in a place where 13 parked bikes (btw, 13 bikes parked on the side of the road) is a tight fit. I've got no problem with anyone following at a distance, I just don't want a situation where we have too many bikes in close quarters and someone gets hit or drops his or her bike. Send me a PM and let's try to figure out a way to accomodate you.

Jack

Thanks to all who participated in the Rustic Road Ride and the Cubanitas Ride. It was a pleasure meeting you all. A special thanks to K75Mark (Mark), Hotspice (Tony), Jim Guthrie and Rick Hemenway without whose help it would have been difficult if not impossible to put on the ride.

Lastly, some of you (and you know who you are) disappeared before you got your patches. Please PM me if you still want it and I'll help with the paperwork.

I'll see you on the road (well not on the road but... you know what I mean ;) ).

Jack

And thank you, Jack! You made it happen. I had a great time riding and meeting so many of the other riders. A perfect day and a great group. Kudo's to Mark as a ride leader as well. Job well done.

My compliments to the Chef!

From the Rally site take County Hwy P South to State Hwy 60...

at County Hwy B turn left and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Waterville Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Maple Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Oak Knoll Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

veer right onto Kearney Road and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Brever Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at County Hwy B turn left and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at 3 Mile Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Hillcrest Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

at Loomis Road turn right and STOP at the Rustic Road sign and take photo

That's your 10th photo, make your way back to the rally.

Jack, I used the directions you provided. They were great! With a GPS and your easy-to-follow route, we were able to complete the ride on Thursday. On Friday I turned in the details and now have a nice patch to add to my collection.

Many thanks for adding some local roads worth riding to all that the MOA outlined. The Rustic Roads tour and others listed on this Forum helped make my rally.

Cheers,
Robert
Cary, NC

Jack, I used the directions you provided. They were great! With a GPS and your easy-to-follow route, we were able to complete the ride on Thursday. On Friday I turned in the details and now have a nice patch to add to my collection.

Many thanks for adding some local roads worth riding to all that the MOA outlined. The Rustic Roads tour and others listed on this Forum helped make my rally.

Cheers,
Robert
Cary, NC

Glad to be of service. Hope to be able to do the same for you next year (sans patch). Speaking of easy to follow route, on Saturday the DOT guy giving out the patches told me he had received a complaint that the directions were so vague that the couple that had tried to follow them wound up in Sturgeon Bay (some 150 miles in the opposite direction). :doh Can't see how that happened but I know it wasn't because of the directions. :nono

Last edited:
:brad Great fun on the Rustic Road Ride and the Cubanitas Ride. Many thanks for Jack and the many who put this all together. Much appreciated!:clap
RogerJ & Juanita

Thanks for a great ride with terrific scenery and some interesting folks from all over. Had a blast at my first rally. Thank you all.

Road Captains

Yeah, yeah, I know, I know "Road Captain" isn't standard MOA language, I borrowed it from HOG because it seemed appropriate.
Here's Jack & Kristen, our Rustic Road captains:

Attachments

• Smalljack&Kristin.jpg
    Smalljack&Kristin.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 55
Back