Posted on behalf of Tom VanHorn, from Madison Wisconsin.... who can't seem to figure out how to log onto the forum.
For all you upcoming visitors to Wisconsin/Ouisconsin/Meskousing/Badger State:
To assist in your getting around, some of us locals y'know dere thought we'd offer a short tutorial on some of the things found on the state map.
The first Europeans to infest the place were French [Jean Nicolet arrived at the foot of Green Bay wearing Chinese silks, sure he was in the Orient. He didn't ask directions either. So, French and mangled native names are pretty common, and often hard to wrap your tongue around.
So, how 'bout a chance to impress the locals when asking directions?
Choose the one best answer.
1) Oconomowoc (town, Waukesha county)
2) Chequamegon (forest and bay up nort' dere)
3) Muscoda (river town, Grant county)
4) Lac Court Oreilles (flowage and reservation, again up nort')
5) Namekagon (lake and river up nort')
6) Manitowoc (lake Michigan port)
c) Man-t'woc, dere
Place your test sheets in front when completed. No help from youse locals.