• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Rain Rain Go Away (inside face shield)

MUSICMAN

Went to fo see Phil tonight at Mountain Jam in the beautiful Catskill Mtns.... on the way home at 12 am it poured and poured and .....well you get the idea.

I have an HJC Sy Max helmet and always in the rain after about a minute I have lots of water on the inside of the face shield and it's down right dangerous at night when the glare of lights hit me.

I wear glasses, I rode most of the way home with my face shield flipped up just above the rim of my glasses to have the best visibility, that works for about 1/2 hour till i have to clean off my glasses.

All three of my helmets have had this problem, is it part of riding in the rain or is there some way to keep the inside drop free and maintain visibilty? I haven't had good luck with rain x. I've thought of taping the face shield but can't do that with glasses and a flip up.

Help! please.....:violin

Thanks,
Andy

Back