• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Post your mug

"fairing"

Pete, that's awesome. I've only had my K75 for less than a year and have considered adding on the smaller of the Parabellum windshields, but the thought of adding a windsheild/fairing that looks like that one is pretty inspirational.

Was the installation difficult?

fairing

Jtessler said:
Pete, that's awesome. I've only had my K75 for less than a year and have considered adding on the smaller of the Parabellum windshields, but the thought of adding a windsheild/fairing that looks like that one is pretty inspirational.

Was the installation difficult?

Not at all...I am from the "round headlight club" *lol* so I bought an aftermarket 7'' headlight and mounting brackets. Made some minor extensions of the brackets to clear the stearing head and bolted the fairing directly to the headlight mounts using brackets that came with the fairing. Good luck and send photos of the finished project!

pedrocasper said:
Not at all...I am from the "round headlight club" *lol* so I bought an aftermarket 7'' headlight and mounting brackets. Made some minor extensions of the brackets to clear the stearing head and bolted the fairing directly to the headlight mounts using brackets that came with the fairing. Good luck and send photos of the finished project!
Hey, thanks Pete for the details! And the inspiration. I've now got my eyes open for a fairing solution (in addition to all the other thing$ I want to do for the bike, too!)

me getting dinner in the back yard....

sks.jpg

Gosh it's nice to belong....
heheh

A different sort of "ironbutt"

Taken in between Lake Placid and Keene, NY in the Adirondacks (2004). 112 miles in 6 hours. Then I ran a marathon.

If anyone is interested, Ironman USA is the 23rd of July - the last day of the rally. I would HIGHLY recommend that motorcyclists avoid Lake Placid on that day - unless you really like to wait in traffic. Most of the main roads are closed because of the race but there is one-way traffic in a loop that goes from Wilmington to Jay to Keene and up to the ski jumps. The old military road will be open so you could bypass Placid.

Attachments

• bike_2004.jpg
    bike_2004.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,137
Last edited:
IndyGT

Preparing to lead the Indianapolis BMW Club in the Thorntown (Ind.)
Festival of the Turning Leaves Parade.

Attachments

• johnparade.jpg
    johnparade.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 997
Another

At the top of Colorado's Cottonwood Pass.

Attachments

• jmfcottonwoodpass.jpg
    jmfcottonwoodpass.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 994
I have so enjoyed this thread, until I realized that you are all coming to the MOA national this summer,
and I'll see all these vaguely familiar faces that I can't quite place and then tuck my tail between my legs,
schedule an appointment with my doctor and get screened for Alzheimer's!!!

iRene said:
I have so enjoyed this thread, until I ... get screened for Alzheimer's!!!
I don't want to plagarize Chacifer, but around here, you are probably not alone. :heart :dance ;)

RandallIsland said:
This was a trip to Cali that was just compulsive. I had booked the trip a day
before flying out of JFK, two days before Christmas ... all so I could escape
NY cold, snow and motofrustration and enjoy tamales with friends and family on Christmas.
It turned out to be a mixed blessing. The coast was great, once again, but I
was not on the bike.

The good news though, was that I could see my old nemesis at LACMA:
_xy-625659_1

And so, which one is of your "old nemesis"??

Ha!

The one with the evil soul and the horns you cannot quite see.
The brunette, God help me.

Mug pics

Ok, here's me and my daughter enjoying the sidecar (in the yard, 20mph tops). We AWAYS wear helmets on the road! ALWAYS! Hal

Attachments

• kride2a.jpeg.jpg
    kride2a.jpeg.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 1,097
More mugs

Here we are enjoying warp-speed minus.

Attachments

• hal kids k750m.jpg
    hal kids k750m.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 1,093
That's an ooooold tree!

Older than the rig even!

Attachments

• kride1.jpeg.jpg
    kride1.jpeg.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 1,094
CTHalk said:
Ok, here's me and my daughter enjoying the sidecar
Careful! She looks like she might be a brunette ... and the worst kind at that,
a cute one!

The other side is too awful to be displayed publicly.

Attachments

• backside.jpg
    backside.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 1,134
Back