Thread: Kermit Chair

Kermit Chair

My good old Kermit chair jumped off the back of my bike last spring somewhere around Albany,NY. I went the whole season waiting to see them for sale at a rally - didn't happen. Ordered one last week $127 to my door, OUCH. This one will ride in one of Helen Twowheels bags and packing system. The moral to the story is TAKE CARE OF YOUR CHAIR>

That's why I use a $6 folding chair available at any Wally World across the country.
    -Mike

'02 R1150R
    '88 R100RS

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar

Gulp!

$127 for a chair? My whole camping kit didn't cost that much.

I use a free one that my bank gave me when I opened an additional account. My butt doesn't know the difference, but my wallet does.

In fairness, I do confess to coughing up top dollar for things like riding suits, helmets, gloves, and insulated, electrical heated stuff to keep my extremities -- both great and small, from freezing off.

Last edited by basketcase; 01-22-2004 at 02:02 AM.
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Kermit's rock and will last a lifetime (assuming they don't jump off the bike )

RickM: how did you get a sleeping bag, tent, stove, and cookset for under $127?
    "No one wants advice -- only corroboration." -John Steinbeck

Like San Jose BMW Motorcycles on Facebook.

What's that noise...? basketcase's Avatar

Patience ...

And a bit of garage sale and salvage store shopping.

If I dig around a bit in some old Daytimer boxes in the basement, I could come up with notes on the exact amounts. But I'm not exaggerating when I say that I have less than $127 in the whole pile of stuff.

To give you a picture of the kind of cheap jerk I am, I took my colleage age daughter's Ivy League boyfriend out to play golf last year. There he was: matched outfit, spiffy shoes, leather bag, pro-line clubs and all. I beat him by three strokes with a set of second-hand clones that I paid $100 for more than 10 years ago. No mulligans, and no gimmes.

Hey! Given the right context, cheap is good ...
    '98 BMW Z3 Roadster, '00 R1100RT

If you insist on exercising a right to burn our flag, first be so kind as to wrap yourself in it and then douse yourself with gasoline just before you strike the match.

Hey! Given the right context, cheap is good ...
    You sound like an Airhead guy!
    2012 R1200GS

"If you can't fix it with a hammer, it's electrical." -somebody's dad

WesPeterson
    I've wasted a TON of money on motorcycle related crap (and enjoyed every friggin' moment of it) and overpaid for most of it, but the Kermit chair does not fall in that category. Love the damn thing