• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

Belstaff?

The_Veg

D'OH!
Hey does anybody remember a post recently about some eBay guy selling Belstaff stuff for ridiculously low prices? I could swear it was somewhere in our fine forums but I can't for the life of me find it (search didn't help either).

Don't know about EBay

But Grand Rapids BMW was blowing out some Belstaff Spitfire coats. They were originally 420 bucks. I bought one in July for 225 and now they are selling them for $160
They told me the distributor was dropping the line and making them great deals.
They also have frontier pants for 130 and a couple kinds of gloves. First Gear Siroco coats are 200.

www.bmwmcgr.com

BTW - I am very happy with my Spitfire coat. Well ventilated and keeps water out very well. With the liner zipped in, I have used it down to 22 degrees with no fairing. Size runs a little small, get one larger than you think you need.

I was told the same thing that Cliffy was, that the distributor was dropping the line and who knows if someone else would pick it up. Apparently, while the consumer price is similar between Belstaff and others, the retail profit margin is a LOT slimmer on the Belstaff than, say, a FirstGear or Joe Rocket.

My point is, that if you have your heart set on a Belstaff, you might just want to buy it. I looked around and finally decided the Belstaff Discovery was the right jacket for me. The ones available on e-bay for cheap were the wrong size and the baby-poop-yellow color. All of the super low prices I found on the net were already sold out. I ended up buying it from British Motorcycle Gear . They weren't super cheap, but they had the size and color I wanted in stock and were very helpful and quick. I didn't find the jacket in stock and more than $10 cheaper anywhere else.

Thanks Mike. I didn't like that yellow either. While I hate having to kiss that deal goodbye, I am consoled by the fact that a clubmate of mine bought the Pioneer pants from that eBay guy then sold them to me for $100, NEW. So if I wind up with the full suit I'm still ahead.

Back