Thread: Serious compitition for 04 MOA rally

Unhappy Serious compitition for 04 MOA rally

I note with interest that the poular AMA VINTAGE MOTORCYCLE DAYS 'held in Lexington Ohio, is the same weekend(July 16/18 as the BMWMOA Rally In Wash. State. In addition the AMA has announced that BMW will be the featured marque this year.The AMA is advertising That there will be demo rides from BMW. The Vintage BMW M/C Owners Ltd.,the worlds largest vintage BMW club is havig their First Inter.Vintage Rally right on the Mid-OHIO rACE TRACK during Vintage Days. The AMA is offering the Club a 40+60 tent & a large area to theVBMWMO & their rally. IT will be a diffcult choice fo some BMW riders

Not fer me

Won't be a tough choice as there is no way I can ride alla way out west, but I might be able to make Ohio.
    Thanks for the information.
    Don't winterize; Rounderize!
    www.yearroundriders.com

leave my monkey alone LORAZEPAM's Avatar
    I will be at vintage days for sure, and probably the superbikes the next weekend. I will research camping nearby, since the camping at the track is very noisy, at least superbike weekend. It may be quieter for the BMW vintage bikes, but not last year when it was harley.
    Gale Smith
    2009 Versys
    1999 R1100RT

I HIGHLY recommend the AMA Vintage Days event. It's worth the price of admission alone to merely watch the myriad bikes roll in from around the country. All sizes, shapes, makes, vintages and conditions. Camping is available and the vintage bike races are low-key and fun to watch ... you can even hang out in the paddock area.
    If you're not going to the MOA Rally, you definitely might want to consider this for a weekend of fun.

vintage days

Yep. I'll be goin to Vintage days this year. This will be 4th year for me. I just do a day trip on Sunday. It's 5 hrs one way. Would like to head out on Sat after work & stay somewhere nearby so I can spend more time at the track!
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 92k miles
    2013 TW200

Thumbs up Vintage days

I'm planning on VMD against next year. I'd go just to wander the swap meet, with the displays, auction and demo rides just being icing on the cake.
    There's a "club section" set aside for various groups to gather.
    The vintage BMW club was set up there last year....perhaps a
    BMW clubs section out to be requested for 04, given that BMW is the Marque of the Year.
    You never know what you'll see...

Mac
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

Question

Does BMWNA have the resources to run a demo fleet At the MOA national & AMA Vintage Days on the same weekend? Russ D.

Question good question

I saw the same truck with the same bikes & the same people at Trenton, Americade & mid-ohio a couple years ago. I would be suprised if they had 2 fleets
    Go like hell, You'll get there quicker
    05-GS Rock Red 92k miles
    2013 TW200

Re: good question

Originally posted by * SHAG *
    I saw the same truck with the same bikes & the same people at Trenton, Americade & mid-ohio a couple years ago. I would be suprised if they had 2 fleets
    Doubt it, they couldn't get one set to the RA rally with no competition. I've heard they will split the fleet. Maybe they'll put half on a Rider rental truck! Obviously someone goofed or both the AMA and MOA thought the other should adjust. Or perhaps the ink was dry for both events before anyone noticed. The dates for the MOA rally are almost standard and I'm sure Mid-Ohio is, too.

MArkF

Demo fleet

Well, according to the VMD ads, BMW demo rides are mentioned.....howsoever...last year there were none. Honda showed up with some bikes...but none for riding. Moto Guzzi has some bikes to look at ---not even a tent. Harley and Triumph were the only ones offering rides. Tried the T-Bird Sport....n9ice bike.

Mac
    Mac
    1986 R80RT, 2005 R1200GS
    Livin' Large On The Lake

2nd Demo Fleet

Attendees at both Vintage Days and the Spokane "Northwest Passage" rally should have demo rides available. It was announced at the MOA Board meeting last weekend that BMW has one large demo truck and two smaller ones. BMW plans to send the two trucks to Spokane. The two smaller trucks actually carry more demo bikes than the one bigger one.

Get there really early at Spokane, or you'll be behind me in line for GS and LT rides.

Jim