• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Camp Stove Help

T

TOR1150R

Consider MSR products. I don't know if they offer a 2-3 burner stove, but we used a Dragonfly multi-fuel stove on a 3-month trip last summer and it was great. Biggest pain was getting a decent syphon!!

Consider MSR products. I don't know if they offer a 2-3 burner stove, but we used a Dragonfly multi-fuel stove on a 3-month trip last summer and it was great. Biggest pain was getting a decent syphon!!

I know how that feels when the fuel goe's all over:buds

Last edited:

The MSR is a great stove when space and weight are an issue.

For car camping and emergency use the coleman is better.

I think the best camp stove ever made is the pyromid but you can't get them anymore.

Best,

Rob Nye

It doesn't meet your spec, but the alcohol-burning Trangia is my favorite. Small and quiet, though it takes a bit longer to boil water (helps if you burn Heet or marine stove fuel).

dual fuel

Paul:

My only concern with a dual fuel would be that when you're handling gasoline without rubber gloves, and you get the inevitable spill on your hands, you have to put up with the stink for 3 days. While vinegar can remove the smell, you are then bringing more stuff and adding a bit more complexity to your camping kit.
I like monofuel white gas stoves, because they burn hot enough, and there is no stink when you get fuel on your hands. ]

Apart from the above, I note there are more and more models of stoves being introduced all the time, and if I was picking one now, I would rely on the advice of my local outfitter. For car camping, I use got my late father's 50 year old Coleman two burner white gas stove, that is still going strong, but the newer versions are probably way better. MSR builds excellent stuff as well.

Since one of your priorities is emergency usage, the minor inconvenience of using gasoline should not be a problem for you.

Rinty

Thank You

for the help.

I went to the Sport Chalet here Saturday and chose a Coleman propane, $49.00. Their most basic model.

Another customer told me he had that model for 20 years and it was still going strong. I'll kep more propane at home in case of an emergency/earthquake.

Back