• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

K75S replacement windscreen

OfficerImpersonator

Seattle-area Rounder
I replaced my stock windscreen with a clear Aeroflow model.

Of course, in the process of working on the bike and removing the fairing, the windscreen cracked through and across one of the lower mounting screw holes.

Is Aeroflow the only company that makes an after-market windscreen for the K75S? I wouldn't mind a screen a little taller and a little wider than the Aeroflow model.

(Update) I just discovered the Parabellum "K75S Windshield System" on their website. Does anyone have any experience with this product?

Does anyone have any experience with the Parabellum K75S windscreen "system"?

From their web site:

Turn your K75S sport bike into a touring machine with the Parabellum easy mount two piece windshield system. The molded plastic upper fairing bolts on to the stock K75S fairing using special fasteners. Then the new windshield is bolted to the upper fairing. Result? Less turbulence, more upper body and head wind protection, more performance through less air drag. System incorporates an air balance vent, optically clear, deeply curved 1/8" thick acrylic windshield. NOTE:The stock K75S mirror (stalks) interfere with the new windshield at full steering lock. We have researched and recommend a set of Napolean "black chrome" bar end mirrors. Not compatible with heated grips. Specify Low 16" - Med 18" - Tall 20"
K75S Windshield System

Call (706) 864-8051 FAX (706) 864-5770

Note: Please specify model and year in item message box below to keep your order from being delayed. We will need to confirm it with you, if omitted.

Price: $279.00

I used a Parabellum K75S windshield system many years ago. I started out with the tallest windscreen thinking it would direct air over my head, but it put the wind right on my chin. So I ended up shortening the screen to get the wind off my shoulders, and hoping to put my head in quieter air. It worked ok, but I probably wouldn't do it again.

Food for thought: http://www.webbikeworld.com/BMW-windscreen/bmw-windscreen.htm

I'm thinking of trying something similar on my S.
Advantages are:

1) doesn't cost anything
2) keeps virtually the stock appearance,
3) can easily be changed backif I don't like the results

I'm not sure when I'm going to get around to trying it, so if you or anyone else gives it a try, please post the results and impressions.

:dance :dance :dance

I'm hoping to find someone that has some experience with the K75S Parabellum "windshield system".

I'm having a hard time believing that a well-known after-market supplier of BMW windscreens (Parabellum) makes a product that apparently no one has bought.

Was post #3 not a sufficient response?

Was post #3 not a sufficient response?

Sorry about that - I thought Lee's post was the only response!

So even with the screen at the tallest option the slipstream blasted your chin? Isn't the 20" Parabellum screen a lot taller than the Aeroflow screen?

Also - the plastic part appears to come primed and ready to paint, but not painted. It's kind of hard to tell in the black and white photo, but is this really the case?

Sorry about that - I thought Lee's post was the only response!

So even with the screen at the tallest option the slipstream blasted your chin? Isn't the 20" Parabellum screen a lot taller than the Aeroflow screen?

Also - the plastic part appears to come primed and ready to paint, but not painted. It's kind of hard to tell in the black and white photo, but is this really the case?

I bought this screen in 1989, so its possible that he may have changed the design a bit.

The problem with this screen was that the angle does not "rise" as quickly as it "runs." So I tried ordering a longer screen, but eventually it just bumped into the chin of my helmet.

I received my plastic part fully color-matched to my bike. The backside was black pebble-type finish. I don't know if they prime it or not.

The base also cracked when I used the long screen, and had to be repaired using quick-set epoxy.

Plus you have to convert to bar-end mirrors, and can't use heated grips.

I guess if you were desperate you could go with this windscreen system, but I would avoid it. Which is too bad, because the Parabellum folks are great to deal with.

I bought this screen in 1989, so its possible that he may have changed the design a bit.

The problem with this screen was that the angle does not "rise" as quickly as it "runs." So I tried ordering a longer screen, but eventually it just bumped into the chin of my helmet.

I received my plastic part fully color-matched to my bike. The backside was black pebble-type finish. I don't know if they prime it or not.

The base also cracked when I used the long screen, and had to be repaired using quick-set epoxy.

Plus you have to convert to bar-end mirrors, and can't use heated grips.

I guess if you were desperate you could go with this windscreen system, but I would avoid it. Which is too bad, because the Parabellum folks are great to deal with.

Sounds like this is an imperfect system.

I too have heard great things about the Parabellum folks, so I was eager to give them my business if the product worked as advertised. Knowing that the top of the screen is "in your face" and I'd have to swap mirrors (again) will have me look in a different direction.

I think I"ll just epoxy the crack in the Aeroflow and be happy with what I have.

Thanks for the feedback!

Here is what the bike looked like in 1990. Compare the angle of attack with the RT's I'm riding with.

Attachments

• parabellum.jpg
    parabellum.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 214

This is what I've heard about all aftermarket windscreens for the K75S. The problem for most riders near 6' + or - is not the height. It is the angle or AIM.:hide If two people aim guns at you from 10' away, the length of the barrels are pretty much irrelevant. BMW, Aeroflow, and Parabelum all use the angle of the headlight top cover to AIM their windscreens. If your head happens to be within that aim, a taller screen will just put the spilloff from the screen closer to you (as was Jon's experience)

The other thing that I have consistantly heard is that the longer screens have more leverage on the mounting screws and if you ride fast (if you don't , why are you riding an S?) they tend to crack at the lower mount holes (the upper holes are near the fulcrum point of the lever. Lengthen the upper part of the lever-more undesigned for load on the bottom of the lever.

That is why I was intrigued by the idea of changing the AIM. Yes, I know it will increase the load on the lever arm somewhat but it will not lengthen the arm.

If you are still set on a taller than stock windscreen, I have a clear Aeroflow (+4") in good condition that I would sell for less than half price. If you are interested, send me an e-mail.

:dance :dance :dance

Back