• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lake Express Pricing

ender848

I just booked my travel for the rally on the Lake Express and was pleasantly surprised. For one way with the BMWMOA discount it was $75, a discount of $44.50 off the standard price.

Thanks to whoever negotiated the price.

Joe

2002 R1150R
1983 VF750F

Sweet! Thanks for the positive feedback. :thumb

We also recieved door prizes from both of the Lake Michigan Ferry Services: The SS Badger AND the Lake Express

My dilemma

Here's my dilemma:

Do I take the Lake Express across the lake or do I ride up Michigan, around and down Wisconsin to West Bend? I'm estimating the ride would take me an additional day. I have the time, so why not ride........... :thumb

Tim

I rode the Lake Express in 05 on the way to the Dells. It was a lot of fun. They don't mess around herding you in & out. Take what you want to have with you upstairs. Once you go up, you can't return to vehicles until you get to the other side.

When making reservations did they mention cancellation policy? Just wondering if there is a way to cancel for refund if the worst would happen....that is not being able to make the rally. OH.

There is a $30 cancellation fee if done 72 hours before departure. No refund after 72 hours. You can change your reservation for $15. It looks like they want you on the boat.

Here's my dilemma:

Do I take the Lake Express across the lake or do I ride up Michigan, around and down Wisconsin to West Bend? I'm estimating the ride would take me an additional day. I have the time, so why not ride........... :thumb

Tim

If anyone is going to ride around and down please send me an email and I have the itinerary and route in a Word Document.

I plan to take that route out stopping in Port Huron and Traverse City. I'll take ther ferry back - already have reservations.

Price Increase?

I realize I'm responding to an old thread here, but I had a different experience.
The Lake Express is only quoting a $7 round trip savings for the bike -- NO savings for the passenger. I called just now.

Also, the ferries back to MI on 12:15 are full.

Anybody else book lately and get the $150 round trip? I am getting quoted $187 total.

It Cost Me....

Departing for Wis at 16:45 on Thru & Returning at 06:00 Sunday cost me $200 for 1 bike and 2 Passengers.

Lake Express

I don't know what kind of fast one they were trying to pull before. I called back and it got $75 one way on the Lake Express w/ the bike. Since all the times were booked for the return to MI, I am going on the SS Badger to Ludington.

That's OK. I usually like to return by a different route.

Thanks.

Early Volunteers and the Lake Express Discount

Apparently the discount starts on the 11th. If you plan on volunteering for early set-up and are taking the ferry, just tell the reservationist- they will bill you the standard undiscounted amount, then credit back the $44.50 at the same time. Basically, if you ask for the BMWMOA discount for travels earlier than the 11th, you won't get it. You need to "work it" a bit.

Back