Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Transporting helmets on plane

Canada and the Alps
    Quote Originally Posted by dlearl476 View Post
    I've travelled with my helmet 4 times now and never had a problem, even internationally. (but I haven't checked in in Heathrow, although AFAIK, those restrictions have been relaxed)
    Same here. In my twelve years of touring overseas, only once did one airline state that I could only have one carry-on. I made my point and ended up with both items as carry-on.

And if there are any issues, I'll just wear my Aerostich suit till I board the plane. See, only one helmet.

Northern Colorado
    Quote Originally Posted by Motorwerk View Post
    Scorpion make a nice helmet bag. Reasonably priced as well.

I had a cow-orker pick one up for me at Roadrider where he was buying a new helmet while on a binniz trip to the Left Coast. He brought his new helmet home in my new helmet case as carry-on without any problems. I've since used it to put my helmet in and then place inside a duffle bag surrounded by gear for trips to the Isle of Man, Costa Rica and South Korea. The Scorpion Helmet Case works great. No problems.
    Click here for Tales of Motorcycles and Life
    - BMW MOA Lifetime Member #18854

Slowpoke & Proud of It! BRADFORDBENN's Avatar
    State of Confusion
    I have travelled with electronics all too often for work. I have found that packing stuff neatly and folded helps a lot. Also I do not connect wires together. So for instance the heattroller is seperate from the heated liner.

It isn't what you ride, it is if you ride