• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

motorcycle trailer

I'm in the trailering crowd, too. We trailer the bike behind the motorhome. When we get where we're going, we have our two dogs with us, and all the comforts of home. Trailered to VT, and we weren't the only ones. :thumb

oops

My true confession:

My first bike came home on the back of a friend's pick up truck. I'd had my license all of a week when I landed the K75 and could not imagine riding that bike all the way home...all 40 straight miles. :D My friend test rode it for me! Why do they give licenses to people who have not been out of second gear on a 250 Nighthawk?
YOU MAKE ME LAUGH:buds :sick Put my foot down last week in Wingham, Ontario. at a red light (right foot) into a pot hole,did the fall down in slow motion thing: there I was traped under a K75 laughing, got out picked it up with thoughts of trailer rental. No damage just embarased. checked her over started all ok . so the thoughts of the nasty trailer is in the back of most.
:stick Why do they give licenses to people who have not been out of second gear on a 250 so funny see ya Michael..:clap

I have never had to trailer a bike before... over 100,000 miles on my current RS, I want to take the 2 kayaks as well as the bike on vacation, but the truck is full and boats go on the roof, so I need to haul the RS this time. I tried to talk my wife into driving the truck, but no dice ! It is a 15 hour drive for us to Nova Scotia from CT. Thanks for the input though, I am still considering options.
Steve

Trailers are great when you need them

I was one of those "I never trailer" people. Then one winter I needed to get my bike from Minnesota to Texas so I could ride it to Guatemala. I've seen the light.

Geez everbody is a comedian.
Steve, Micky Finns used to rent trailers. Don't know if they do any more. Some U-Hauls also have bike trailers. And lastly...Call the local Harley shop. Guy at work rents one from them every year. He claims it's pretty common for them to be able to rent you one or hook you up with a shop that can/will. Look into renting a van. It might be cheaper. Worth a try at least.
Good Luck
Damien

Well gents, my bike has finally reached the point in life where it can afford to be chauffeur driven over long distances in the comfort to which it has become accustomed. No need to collect bugs from 11 states on its way to Aspen you know. Besides, it is not fair to the domestic help to have to clean road slime off the windscreen from travel through some lesser desireable areas.

Ever caught a wad of SKOAL on an interstate in eastern Wyoming?

Actually, my Dad (97 years old) often accompanies me on longer trips. The trailer makes it possible for his little electric wheel chair to go along -- its wonderful for him to be able to wander around in the various villages in Colorado :drink while the motorbike is wandering through the mountain passes. Last year, heavy snow came the third week in September in central Colorado. I would not have liked the salt and sand getting into the nether reaches of the fairing on that trip.

The trailer also makes it possible to take along lots of other stuff which has never been and probably never will be needed or used -- unless, of course, I don't take it.

The other thing that the trailer is useful for is keeping the bike out of view at motels along the interstates where small lightweight, valuable, and hard earned bikes have been known to go missing.

Signed,

John
Indentured Servant to the Bimmer :rolleyes

Motorcycle towing

If you join the American Motorcyclists Association (which I recommend to anyone who rides) they offer "AMA MoTow" service which is sorta like triple A for bikes.

A slight deviation from topic. There are several trailers for sale over on e-bay for bikes currently. I only mention this as there is often somebody on here looking for one.

Back