• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anyone using the Marsee Corona tank bag system?

11L Corona Bag

I have an R1100RTP and an R1150GSA. I use the corona bag everyday. It stays on well and removes easy for commuting. I can use the same bag for both bikes because I have a second attchment. The only issue I have had is that when turning so sharp that handlebar lockout occurs..... it interferes a little. Lockout on a left presses the windscreen causing it to retract. This is not a disadvantage when riding unless maybe you were doing extremely tight turns on a cone course. The 11L is plenty as it has expansion ability. I do not like the idea of straps securing. This system is a great alternative. I have no good insight on new hardbag. Hope this helps.
:usa

Attachments

• tankbag_CoronaBMW11.jpg
    tankbag_CoronaBMW11.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 454
I have one on my K1200GT and I really like it; the only bag for this bike in my opinion. I would not use it on a GS cuz offroad it could find a way to come off!
Cheers, Greg

I would love it...

...if a left hand lock-out did not blow the horn. Not the time to be startled.

True! Not good off road

I have one on my gs. I have not ridden much offroad with this bike. Has anyone had actual experience with the Corona working its way off on rough terrain?

I'm taking a trip to Alaska this summer. We plan to do the Dalton and Denali higways. I'd rather not have to be stopping to pick it up.

I have one on my K1200GT and I really like it; the only bag for this bike in my opinion. I would not use it on a GS cuz offroad it could find a way to come off!
Cheers, Greg
I have one on my GT. I supplement the magnets with a loose bungee cord around the steering column through a loop on the front of the bag. It will never come off and the bungee cord arrangement does not interfere with removal for fueling.

I supplement the magnets with a loose bungee cord around the steering column through a loop on the front of the bag. It will never come off and the bungee cord arrangement does not interfere with removal for fueling.

That sounds like an excellent idea. I'll try it this weekend.

I do have a question regarding the attachment of the bungee. Is it the typical two hook bungee? How do you secure the bungee loosely without the bungee coming off?

I use the Corona 11L (old style) on my R1150RS. I like it but the map window is small and difficult to put a map into.

Back