• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Was HODAG banned ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...snipped...
In your response, your critique is either directed at the Forum Team and the efforts we have made to maintain the atmosphere that the majority of members have told us they expect or at the membership that posts here regularly.

I fully understand the levity in mentioning the Borg in your post. However, it is that very image that several people have raised in recent correspondence. The irony to me was they use it in a 180 degree different direction when they use it than when you did. Therefore, I used it in the wording of my post.

With the greatest of all do respect quit being so bloody defensive and read a previous post of mine and the post you are currently quoting again.

- I think your idea to write to others is a good one and have been doing so even before you mentioned it in this.
- It’s not my critique but an attempt to explain in summary form responses I have received explaining why (the obstacle) they (not stated as my problem) would not come back to the forum.
- Would you please get over being so defensive about TOTS. I did not mention TOTS at all in my posts. Frankly in the discussions with past members TOTS is a non issue for everyone beyond being a metaphor used to discuss some issues. Even then it is a poor tool for that purpose because it has become so charged a topic.

The closing line from my quoted post is
“It is the obstacle I have the most trouble overcoming talking with people about coming back and presenting here as a topic of discussion.”

If obstacle is too charged a term replace it with objection or reason other people give for not returning. I clearly said I was presenting it as an idea for discussion not as a critique of my own. The implied question in the line is how you overcome the obstacle or not.

Last edited:
And so, after much deliberation, history does repeat itself?

Yes.

People will misspell Schmeisser, some will write in Visian causing these ballots to be spoiled and Ian will go down in flames in a presidential race once again. Now swag, no chicken dance, just broken dreams and unfulfilled campaign promises.

:brad

Yes.

People will misspell Schmeisser, some will write in Visian causing these ballots to be spoiled and Ian will go down in flames in a presidential race once again. Now swag, no chicken dance, just broken dreams and unfulfilled campaign promises.

:brad

Oh, yer killin' me.

I guess he was banned....

So, did he make up with the mod who banned him? Do I need to go to ADV to get the rest of the story?

:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk

robnye and hodag sorry to talk about you as if you're not in the room.

Last edited:
I believe he is back, everyone made up :love and the drama is over. All very old news.

I suppose you could PM Hodag if you have any questions.

No I don't need to PM either person on this issue. I was really poking fun. I'm glad we're all getting along again.

Now, hopefully Red and the others involved will resolve their dispute before two years pass.

Just for thoughts... some people are really good at expressing their thoughts through writing. They are clear and concise. Others write disjointed thoughts that don't tie to their emotions very well.

Often times I absolutly hate this form of comunication and wish people would just pick up the phone. Just like at work, when some ones tone is bad through e-mail you had better go to their desk or at least call them for clarification.

Done preaching:gerg

I guess he was banned....

So, did he make up with the mod who banned him? Do I need to go to ADV to get the rest of the story?

:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk:lurk

robnye and hodag sorry to alk about you as if you're not in the room.

Hodag and Rod made up long ago. Both were together and talking at Camp Beers during the West Bend Rally. So on that level the banning is old news long settled.

I bumped the thread after coming across it while looking in the forum archives for other things. I thought the discussion contained within it was worth re-reading so I bumped it.

I have received a PM from Hodag about the bump and he was fine with that but said he did not post in the thread when it was first around nor would he this time. You can bump into him in other threads these days.

I haven't read this thread in a while...
...but the title makes me smile when...
...we commiserate on retaliation for being
kids on the internet when the days have end.

:whistle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back