• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

tent

Bibler

I used to think my Bibler was the best tent out there until...I just got a quote of $500 to replace the floor:banghead

Bibler has NO in house service, they referred me to Rainy Pass for the repair.

I have had my tent for more than 10 years...but the tent is still in GREAT shape other than the floor is wearing thin and is no longer water tight. If it was out of warranty and a year old the cost would be the same. OUCH! when you spend that kind of $$ on a tent.

I'm now looking to a different mfg for my next tent.

Just a heads up for those interested in a Bibler/Black Diamond tent.

I used to think my Bibler was the best tent out there until...I just got a quote of $500 to replace the floor:banghead

That's a drag. My Northface Bigfrog had a pole break after 10+ years of service which tore the fly. I sent it back to them, they sent me a post card with a charge for the fly repair. I think that it was less than $50. I made a quick call to them letting them know that the fly tore when the pole broke. They said to ignore the bill sorry.

That's a drag. My Northface Bigfrog had a pole break after 10+ years of service which tore the fly. I sent it back to them, they sent me a post card with a charge for the fly repair. I think that it was less than $50. I made a quick call to them letting them know that the fly tore when the pole broke. They said to ignore the bill sorry.

Believe me I wasn't looking for a freebie. But $500 was a SHOCK!!! I guess when BlackDiamond bought the company they went offshore with the mfg of the Bibler brand tent.

I'm now lookiing @ a mountain hardwear tent. I called them and they have a full in house repair facility and quoted me $80 +- depending on the tent to replace the floor. And nice folks to boot!

If you are looking at a tent make the call and find out about the repair facility. It could save you some $$$ later if you need them.

I'm now lookiing @ a mountain hardwear tent. I called them and they have a full in house repair facility and quoted me $80 +- depending on the tent to replace the floor. And nice folks to boot!

Mt Hardwear good if you don't do anything before the RA you can check out out HammerHead 3 :thumb

can anyone suggest a good two man tent, that is compact to carry and easy to put up.

Remember, a 2 "man" tent is really for one person, with gear. If you are doing 2 Up traveling, get a 3 person tent.

I got a Eureka Pinnacle Pass 3XTA, packs small (under 7" by 21", compared to 6" x18" for the 2XTA), spacious, and 2 people with gear fit pretty good. Also stayed dry through 24 hours of relentless Ernesto rain at the Finger Lakes rally last year.

http://www.eurekatent.com/pinnaclepass3xta.asp

Excellent $150 tent.

Mt Hardwear good if you don't do anything before the RA you can check out out HammerHead 3 :thumb

I was looking at the MH Trango 3.1

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=3&prod=267&cat=25&viewAll=False

If my tent leaks, I'm like a spoiled child, I pack my stuff and head for the house or hotel...wet camping SUCKS.

I am gooing to miss the easy setup of a single wall tent. Unfortunately Bibler is now out of the running for my replacement. If I can keep water from under it the "toddtex" is still doing a great job.

I figured I'd try to find a seemstress that may be able/willing to put a new floor in it for me.

I was looking at the MH Trango 3.1

http://www.mountainhardwear.com/Product.aspx?top=3&prod=267&cat=25&viewAll=False

If my tent leaks, I'm like a spoiled child, I pack my stuff and head for the house or hotel...wet camping SUCKS.

I agree that water inside your tent sucks. We have been VERY happy with thew Hammerhead 3, room to put a Queen size air matress and our gear. Good venting, a pluss in the SE, and DRY inside. We often use a "space blanket" under the tent to protect the floor.

Back