• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Rally GPS POI and routes

G

GSCOOKEMNSTER

I recently purchased a GPS and have been having fun using it locally for geocaching and developing routes. I've also begun developing routes to/from the rally. I was wondering if a file of waypoints for interesting places, places to eat, brewery could be developed and posted to the Rally pages. Also, if local rides are being developed, if those routes could be posted for download to a GPS, that would be helpful for us visitors to Wisconsin.

Brian

OK I have all my waypoints but cant figure out how to post the file.

Its on my website but the .gdb file doesnt seem to work once downloaded. Hummm ..

Ok try this .. I did have to change the file type to "all files" when right clicking the link and doing a "save target as"

This is a .gpx file
http://www.partydocks.com/07rally/07rally.gpx
After saving, open in your maping software.

If this works I will try to get averything from my excel file on there in the next couple months.

Oh no. There will be beer at the rally, shes excited about the rally. But lets say she didnt have as much fun as I did at a few of the other waypoints.

Minnesota issue Wisconsin issue also?

I recently purchased a GPS and have been having fun using it locally for geocaching and developing routes. I've also begun developing routes to/from the rally. I was wondering if a file of waypoints for interesting places, places to eat, brewery could be developed and posted to the Rally pages. Also, if local rides are being developed, if those routes could be posted for download to a GPS, that would be helpful for us visitors to Wisconsin.

Brian

Minnesota has tons of gas stations, but few selling non additive, nonoxegynated gas; is this the same in Wisconsin, and does anybody know where a list of station locations that sell non corn gas can be found? That single factor will determine my route, screw the food, I need good gas!

Coming from Minnesota, I can eat any grub, providing no raw anchovies!

Red:wow

Minnesota has tons of gas stations, but few selling non additive, nonoxegynated gas; is this the same in Wisconsin, and does anybody know where a list of station locations that sell non corn gas can be found? That single factor will determine my route, screw the food, I need good gas!

Coming from Minnesota, I can eat any grub, providing no raw anchovies!

Red:wow

You will want to get gas then in Dodge county or Fond du Lac County. Corn gas is in Washington/Milwaukee/Ozaukee/Waukesha counties all around the rally site and the major cities south and east to the lake. Rally site to Campbellsport is about 16 miles and this s/b your closesest good gas. A more interesting ride would be rally site to Hustisford, thats about 22 miles west. My RS sure does idle better on non RFG for sure.

Non Oxygenated Fuel Dealers List...

This link to the Minnesota Street Rod Assn. website is a list of dealers selling non-0xygenated fuel. The list is from last year, so the usual disclaimers apply.

Back