• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Post a Picture of Your F-Twin

My Baby Blue

This is my 2nd st. 1st was a 07 that I found was a bit too buzzy on the handlebars after 6 months, so I located this 2012 w/ only 2,400 miles as of this Apr. Came w/ the seat & taller windscreen.
I thought the black engine & lower fairing in black was too dark, so I wrapped the lower section w/ a lighter blue vehicle wrap & then the center tank section in silver carbon fiber w/ goes well w/ the weave pattern on the Sargent seat. I also added blue & white reflective tape on the luggage cases & topbox.
Since then I have added HID headlights, Fiamm horns, LSL sliders, throttle lock, adjustable levers, USB charging port & both front & rear Hyperlights.

John in Atlanta, GA

Attachments

• 20170507_165230_resized.jpg
    20170507_165230_resized.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 401
  • 20170507_165305_1494216639471_resized.jpg
    20170507_165305_1494216639471_resized.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 402
2dfd765522ec8396f9a3319cf472188f.jpg

Here's my FGT awesome ride so far

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

New Bike. New to MOA

Just signed up to MOA. My first post. _1X25418_S.jpgMy first BMW. F800GT. Two weeks old and 1600 miles on her already. After 20+ years on a different brand I'm falling in love with motorcycling all over again.

Gail - what windshield are you using in this pic? Also what size? I just got an F700GS and am looking at options. Thanks. Dave,

Dave,
It is a Madstad windshield. Mine is 12" tall...they will make it any height you want. You need to talk to them and they will ask your height, what type bike, etc. I am VERY happy with it and their service. :)
Madstad Engineering
1451 E Jefferson St.
Brooksville, FL 34601
Email: support@madstad.com
352-848-3646

Last edited:
Dave,
It is a Madstad windshield. Mine is 12" tall...they will make it any height you want. You need to talk to them and they will ask your height, what type bike, etc. I am VERY happy with it and their service. :)
Madstad Engineering
1451 E Jefferson St.
Brooksville, FL 34601
Email: support@madstad.com
352-848-3646

Thanks Gail. Ended up buying a Touratech but as windshields don't last forever, I may look at the Madstad down the road. Heard good things about them. Dave.

My New F700GS - Name being Contemplated - Home for 6 weeks and 1200 miles!

Picked up my new "Racing Red" 2017 F700GS at my local dealer in Utah on September 8th and have been enjoying it thoroughly ever since. At a height-challenged 5' 6" tall, I ended up getting the lowered suspension version but with a regular height seat. Have taken some nice local rides in our mountains with the longest being a 230 mile day trip from Salt Lake City through the Uinta Mountains/Mirror Lake Highway on the east side of the state and eventually into Wyoming for a quick beer stop and then home. (adapted bicycle seat pack had a 1 6-pack limit). Added some farkles - SW Motech center stand (necessity) - BMW hand guards, Touratech windshield a week ago and still waiting on my back-ordered BMW engine/crash bars. Looking at a Wunderlich rear fender/liner for splashes and I'm sure I will upgrade to a Corbin or Seargent seat at some point. Also adding some kind of top case by spring - would work better for me than side panniers based on my garage parking and clearances. (Some pics are pre installation of some accessories). So far so great!

Attachments

• IMG_1986 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1986 - Copy.jpg
    128.9 KB · Views: 434
  • IMG_2063 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_2063 - Copy.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 431
  • IMG_2621.jpg
    IMG_2621.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 431
Awesome!! I have one in Red exactly like it. I had enough reach to actually get the BMW Comfort seat..... still not as "comfortable" as I'd like though.

Enjoy!!

Awesome!! I have one in Red exactly like it. I had enough reach to actually get the BMW Comfort seat..... still not as "comfortable" as I'd like though.

Enjoy!!

Thanks. I could probably reach with the BMW Comfort seat as well. I tried sitting on one with a Corbin and it just felt right so I may go that route. D.

Back