Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: 2015 F700 GS Touring Windshield ?

2015 F700 GS Touring Windshield ?

On my first ride on my new F700GS I realized the stock windshield would not work for all around use. I was amazed at the excessive noise level with my full face Arari and a little less with a 3/4 open face Harley helmet. After reading the F800, Bmw forums many times and getting to view numerous photos of F800/700/650 windshields I was able to see a few in person and realized maybe it was a personal preference.

I am 5'6", shrinking as we speak, and just op tested a 16" lightly tinted Cee Bailey with great satisfaction. Works with bmw hand guards and fork can be in lock position. Very quiet up to 50+ mph and not bad at 60 mph. The initial ride was without earplugs, however, just as a matter of hearing conservation I normally wear them on rides exceeding 45 mph.

Easy to install, no plastic to be removed, and comes with the bracket.

Ron W
    IBA #54421
    2015 F700gs
    2009 R1200RT
    2013 HD Dyna Superglide
    Last edited by 176178; 01-01-2015 at 10:41 PM.

I love my 16" lightly tinted Cee Bailey. Works very good for me, I'm at 5'4". With the bar you have a spot for the GPS.
    14 F700GS, Ride Safe, Richard (K7TNT) MOA #114372, IBA #59670 2015 Be the Adventure!

San Diego, CA

Madstad Engineering 20"

I have the 20" Madstad Engineering windscreen on my standard chassis F700GS and love it. Mark recommended the 16" (not listed, but apparently available as a starting point for my 5'6" height). It was a significant improvement from stock, but I still experienced some helmet buffeting. A replacement 18" reduced this significantly. I've been using the 20" and settled on this height as it allows more vertical/tilt options for varying riding situations. Ride safe!

I've probably tried more windscreens than most, Cee-Bailey's, Givi, Powerbronze, and Madstad.

See more windscreen comments and pictures at forum at f800riders.org.

Went through a few shields on my F800 (Cee Baileys, BMW, Laminar lip) and finally installed the one that was first recommended and i ignored. That one was the Madstad. Very happy with it, lots of adjustment options and the winglets are easily removable to get more air around the shield in hot weather.

I've tried lots of different windshields on my 2011 F650GS twin and by far the best is the MadStad.
    2007 R1200R
    2009 G650GS
    2011 F650GS

MadStad v V Stream Sport Touring

Quote Originally Posted by nytrashman View Post
    I've tried lots of different windshields on my 2011 F650GS twin and by far the best is the Made Stat.
    Has anyone tried the V Stream Sport Touring wind screen on an F800GT. I have a Mad Stat but haven't been able to try it out yet, it's winter in the North East. I like the look of the V Stream Sport Touring and believe it would be the right height for me 5' 7.5". Can anyone give a comparison?

A fellow has Madstad for sale on the BMW F800 forum http://f800riders.org/forum/forumdis...es-Classifieds
    I am too poor to buy cheap stuff, I need it to last forever (tewster2)

Alternative

I have the MadStad for my F-700 GS and purchased an MRA-X for my wife who is shorter. The price is in Canadian dollars and is less expensive than the Madstad.

Big Al
    I bought a CeeBailey windshield for mine and I love it. word of advise if you buy the tallest one and want it shorter they will cut it down to where you want it. I first got the 18 and returned it for a 20 inch, with my comfort seat at 5'10" I look over and get the wind I want with no wistle

I changed original wind shield with Givi AirFlow which you can adjust. It is really great for all season because you can adjust.

Wind noise depends on your height, I'm 6'1" and get little bit wind noise with 60-70 miles.

My wifes f700gs is due any day now. I've aleady bought a Givi airfow for it after a ton of reading reviews.
    Planning on doing a video run with it before and after so will post results when done.

It is very quiet if she's not tall, I'm 6'1 so windshield stay little bit low than I expected and I get more wind noise.

Thumbs up Liking the Givi Airflow!

2015-05-09 16.35.43.jpgMy wifes F700gs came in and the first order of business was to change out to the Givi Airflow.
    I did throw on the camera and took the bike for a before and after ride. The video does show a difference, but doesnt really give a good indication how well this windshield works. Personally I'm 5'11" and found I could greatly reduce the windflow to my torso and get a good quiet space around my head. Small adjustments do make a difference.
    For my wife at 5'4" the results were dramatic! Her comment was " This is the first time I've ever been able to ride at speed on the highway with my visor up!" In fact we did a 300 KM ride that day and the only time she put her visor down was when the road got busy with semis causing a lot of crosswind and buffetting. In fairness I was even feeling it on my Goldwing so no fault of the Givi airflow. Haven't done rain yet, but from our perspective this is a great addition for the F700gs!

I'm 6'1" , I need little bit taller so I will add a windshield spoiler on top of it because I get some wind noise but if I get my head down for 1 inch all the wind noise disappears.

She runs her Givi at about 1/2 way up.