Thread: Garmin Wiring on F800R /13

Garmin Wiring on F800R /13

Hello, I have searched hi and low for hours ......... I am looking for pics on how to wire the Garmin 660.......... my dealer tells me to wire to accessory next to battery .............this ensures when bike is switched off so is Garmin....electrical is not my thing...........can anyone explain or better, show me pics of where this connection is ??? Any and all help is greatly appreciated...............

Cheers
    Dave

I just added one to my F700GS, but I think the wiring for the F800R is the same. See the link below for instructions. This is not my write-up, but the one I used to do my bike.

http://f800riders.org/forum/showthread.php/36121

Hi, I purchased an F700GS in 2013 and have been plagued with random deep discharges of the battery.

The dealer has diagnosed this as being caused by using a non BMW GPS on the bike.

I've included the service bulletin on this issue.

I have now added a small disconnect switch to the switched outlet, hopefully this solves the problem...........Rod.

F700 GPS Bulletin.pdf
    Work is the curse of the riding class

I read some other things about this. From what I remember the internal battery in the GPS may fool the bikes computer to think a charger is connected, thus the connector stays on. Your solution should work just fine.

Wayne