• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

New Year's Day 2004

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
This afternoon it got up to 41??F so it was time to go for a ride. Took out the trusty RT and decided to run to the office since I forgot some paperwork there. Got to the office and drat the printer room was locked. You can tell I was heartbroken.

Then figured what the heck might as well go home the scenic route. To the office was 16 miles and about 25 minutes. From the office to home was about 70 miles and 90 minutes. It almost turned into a Minimarshmallow Butt ride as I got lost and I really didn't care I was just having fun; but I did not stop for any site seeing.

Then upon reaching home, where it was now 37??F figured it was time to relax and warm up a little bit.
:idea
martini.jpg

:1drink So I now toast all of us for a safe and riding New Year.

And they were good. MMMM Chopin Vodka! Should I take it that I should plan on bring the supplies to the rally?:p

Do me a favor while you are out. I need a small bottle of ginger juice to make some pear martinis.

Dizamn.

Just got back with a bottle of Tanqueray 10, some Apple Pucker and ice cream.

I'm a gin martini guy. You saw the thread here about martinis, right?

The Martinis are what made we want to get involved

Proved that the group had my sense of humor, or lack there of.

I don't like gin, but I think part of it is that I have never had a good gin. However vodka and me.... well it is my favorite.

Is it a bad sign when in the freezer there are four different brands of vodka, a box of baking soda, ice cubes, but no food? Oh wait up, that is the bar refrigerator. That is a good sign.:clap

New item for the tank bag

So while I was searching for a lap desk, I found something much better: :clap
Click for larger picture...
The direct quote from my wife, "That shaker is nice, it will fit in your tank bag."

So now we are having to break the set in with Appletinis. Still looking for ginger juice for Peartinis.

Re: New item for the tank bag

BradfordBenn said:
So while I was searching for a lap desk, I found something much better: :clap
Click for larger picture...
The direct quote from my wife, "That shaker is nice, it will fit in your tank bag."

So now we are having to break the set in with Appletinis. Still looking for ginger juice for Peartinis.

If only you were going to make it to Death Valley...

I had appletinis last night and I think I'm going to have to do that again tonight.

See what you did, Brad?

:1drink

:beer

Re: Re: New item for the tank bag

knary said:
If only you were going to make it to Death Valley...

Don't worry, Scott. I've got all that stuff, including the assault shaker.

226611-M-1.jpg

Thanks, fish!

KBasa said:
I had appletinis last night and I think I'm going to have to do that again tonight.

See what you did, Brad?

Could be worse. Jennifer now wants a refrigerator upstairs so that we do not have to go downstairs to mix up a Martini.

So what gin would be the recommended one? Under $20 a fifth, please.

BradfordBenn said:
Could be worse. Jennifer now wants a refrigerator upstairs so that we do not have to go downstairs to mix up a Martini.

So what gin would be the recommended one? Under $20 a fifth, please.

I like Tanqueray 10 and regular old Bombay. There's just a little too much going on in the Sapphire stuff for me.

I've also heard that Citadelle is especially nice, but haven't put any quality time into that one. BMW Gypsy or Moterbiker can probably better comment on those.

For a standard gin and tonic, the Official Drink of Summer, I like regular Tanqueray or the cheapo Seagram's stuff.

Beefeaters isn't too bad. I've enjoyed a good Gin 'n Tonic or two made with it most any time of the year. Tanqueray just doesn't set too well with me after the first one. And there is always more than just one.

1flyer said:
Beefeaters isn't too bad. I've enjoyed a good Gin 'n Tonic or two made with it most any time of the year. Tanqueray just doesn't set too well with me after the first one. And there is always more than just one.
Yeah, I like martinis, but they don't like me!

Back