• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Motorcycle only campgrounds

G

GSCOOKEMNSTER

I know there are a number of motorcycle only campgrounds in the eastern US. Are there any in the northern Virginia/West Virginia area. I'll be exploring the Shanadoah Valley/Blue Ridge Parkway before the rally, camping along the way. I'd like to support these campgrounds if any are in that area. I already have info on the many small state campgrounds in Virginia, but if there are any recomendation, please send them along.

good motorcycle only campground

A really great motorcycle-only campground is Willville in Meadows of Dan VA. It is located in the southern part of the state,and is only about a mile from the Parkway. Will Beers runs a great campground, nestled in Rhododendrum and a little mountain stream. He has plenty of room for campers, and the sites are wonderful! Meadows of Dan would be about a half-day ride to Charleston if you went superslab, and a nice day ride by US roads.:clap

campgrounds

I agree with the comments about the Willeville Camp Ground. Real nice, clean facilities and a great setting. Don't miss the winery up the parkway a few miles. Great wine and the restrooms are out of this world.

We also camp fairly regularly at Boyer Station Motel & Campground on WV. Rt. 28. North of Green Bank/south of Seneca Rocks, WV. Again good facilities, not crowded, food & fuel right there and inexpensive. This is the location of the Cass Rally each Memorial Day.

And further north you'll find the campgrounds at Blackwater Falls S.P. and Canaan Valley S.P. , both northeren West Virginia.

happy camping

Last edited:
motorcycle camping in the Charleston area

While it is not a motorcycle only campground, there is a very nice camping facility right outside Charleston, the Kanawha State Forest campgrounds. This would be a very good choice for those people who always seem to think the Rally starts on Monday rather than Thursday. I am sure you could find it on any search engine. I would put up one of those blue link thingys, but I haven't a clue how to do that.:dunno

Dave, Rob, Ian??? Can you help with a blue thingy?

I'll have to remember to bypass PA when using a KOA.
I've been all over the rest of the east coast and mid west with no problems at a KOA. Thanks for the PA heads up.

VA899 said:
I'll have to remember to bypass PA when using a KOA.
I've been all over the rest of the east coast and mid west with no problems at a KOA. Thanks for the PA heads up.

It's really only the one outside Pittsburgh. The one in Bradford has always been very, very nice to us.

Back