• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Garmin Nuvo 550

tbearsch

Innocent Bystander
I am picking up my new K1200GT this week and I am debating on getting the BMW Garmin unit or maybe saving a little cash and getting the Garmin Nuvo 550? Does anyone have one of the Nuvo Units? If so what is your experience with it? Any input would be appreciated!

Recently purchased the Zumo 550; only used it in the car so far and it was easy to use right out of the box. Worked great while in a city I was unfamiliar with and I look forward to mounting it on the bike. 2002 RT
Riding buddy has the same unit mounted ant is happy with his purchase.

The Zumo 550 is made specifically for motorcycles but is equipted to use in the car. On the internet there are several sites that have reduced pricing.

The zumo 450 is now available. It is a zumo 550 without XM stuff, MP3 player, and voice stuff. It can be found on the web for less than $600.00. Price may drop further if you are willing to wait.

Thanks. I ended up getting 15% off the Navigator when I bought the bike and then BMW Kicked in $500.00 worth of accessories so I put it towards the NAV III. The dealership had to order it so I am still waiting for it.

Back