• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

A ride to a different beach

BRADFORDBENN

Slowpoke & Proud of It!
So today it was warm enough to ride, 41F at 2:00PM. Decided to go to the beach as well... :bliss

031227.jpg

When I returned home it was 34F.

Anyone care to guess where the beach is?:p

where the beach is?

Hey Bradfordbenn, my guess is that you being a South Bend kinda guy that you may be sitting somewhere along the southeastern shore of Lake Michigan. Just a guess ! My brother and sister in law lived at a little place called Baroda, MI. about 15 miles from St. Joseph and about 6 miles from the big pond. I rode my Harley there in Sept 2001 and did a lot of riding in Michigan while visiting. The beaches on the big pond were much different than an ole southern boy might have expected. I rode hwy 31 north out of Indy to South Bend and on to the end of 31 then just a few miles west to Baroda. As you may have guessed I no longer have a hog but opted for a BMW. I bought an 03 k1200 ltc at bikeweek and have really enjoyed the bike so far. I wanted something more like an r bike or gt but due to a work accident (fell and broke my back in 3 places) 4 years ago my back can't take the riding position. I will have to ride the couch but hey I like It! I rode today as well here in east TN. as it was 58 deg this afternoon but about 25 in the am. Have a good day, Ron Tinker-Cleveland TN.

Yup, did that

Pretty much you nailed it, took a few back roads to get up to US-12 to go to New Buffalo on Lake Michigan, then came back by the way of US-31 to I-80. It was getting cold as the sun had set. Only 80ish miles.

The break looks just a little like Pillar Point Harbor. This harbor
is just North of Half Moon Bay.

I like the picture too!

Ian

Back