• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Lowering the K1200GT seat height

F

From MARS

We, the wife and I, want a K1200GT between 2000 and 2005 because they are great looking bikes and seem the perfect fit for the kind of riding we like to do, but I am vertically challenged. At 5'7", I need to be able to lower the seat down to about 30". I am sure that I am not the first to want to accomplish this so I am turning to the vast resources of the collective. Is there a way and how much should I expect to pay to accomplish it? Thanks for any advice.

Welcome to the Forum Thomas. The most logical answer is to try a 2006-2007 K 1200GT. I have a 29" inseam ( on a good day) and the New model GT is the first BMW that I can actually put both feet on the ground. Most of the other bikes I can only get one foot down(usually the left, that way the right can stay on the rear brake.) It may be more than you want to spend but they sure are nice bikes !

I met a guy who let me sit on his GT once, it had a Corbin seat on it and Verholen Barbacks.
I have a 28" inseam, and it was the first BMW other than a 650 that I could flatfoot. It was amazing. Not sure what type of Corbin it was, but it could be worth a phone call to Corbin to find out.

lowering the k1200gt seat height

Thanks. I'll look into both options. Tom

Back