• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

It was nice here today.

kbasa

So I went for a ride and played with my digital camera for a while.

I love Novato Boulevard, once you get out past San Marin. It's winter here in Northern California, which is our rainy season. It's been raining pretty steadily for the last month or so, so the hills are losing their golden color and turning a shade of green that's so bright it almost makes your eyes hurt.

1677984-M.jpg

1677985-M.jpg

There was a little traffic, but not much.

1677989-M.jpg

The view up off of Marshall - Petaluma Road was nice.
1677990-M.jpg

1678016-L.jpg

It was almost as nice from one of my favorite spots. This is also on Marshall - Petaluma Road, but you can see the Tomales Bay and Pt. Reyes.
1677991-L.jpg

1677992-M.jpg

After a while, I came down out of the hills and rode along the Bay.

1678007-M.jpg

1678005-M.jpg

1678009-M.jpg

And continued south on Hwy. 1

1678011-M.jpg

1678010-M.jpg

When I got home, Tina dragged me out to the grocery store.

It was only 80 miles, but it was 80 fun miles.

Hey Dave
I can't think of a better example of what I groove on so much about this sport than your post. It's the weekend. You've got an hour or so to get away from your responsibilities. No where to go but to just get out of the house and focus on the ride.

The roads here in north Georgia are covered in salt from some winter weather we had this week, so I spent today on the golf course with some friends. Everytime I shanked the ball I kept on thinking how much I'd rather be out for a ride. Thanks for sharing the ride with those of us that couldn't be out today.

By the way, your on my bike.

James O

Photo Tip

What camera are you using? I tried to snap some action photos today, but the Canon Elph is not even close to fast enough.

Nice photos!

Last night was a real gully washer in the south bay...kept me
up and really cut down on the satellite signal. Usually, it's the
other way around. We have the nice days and you get all the
rain :)

I think I might head up to Pacifica for lunch tomorrow.

Ian

Re: Photo Tip

BradfordBenn said:
What camera are you using? I tried to snap some action photos today, but the Canon Elph is not even close to fast enough.

I'm using a Canon S400 Digital Elph.

I shot some of them with it set to full auto and some of the other riding shots with it set to manual and 400 speed.

ian408 said:
Usually, it's the
other way around. We have the nice days and you get all the
rain :)

No kidding. I guess it moved in here first and moved out first. It was finally clearing when I came home at 3.

But last night it rained for a long time and rained pretty hard. The road didn't really start to dry out until late morning, so I hung around and had breakfast and read for a while.

I'm supposed to be getting some work done this week, but I have a funny feeling it's going to be quiet. I might have to sneak out for an "extended lunch".

:evil

knary said:
Dave,
Isn't is always nice there?
:banghead

Nope.

Here's Saturday:
1668163-M-1.jpg

Wet and cool, kind of like Portland this time of year. We're back to the same weather again today and they're forecasting cool and rain all week.

That's still kinda nice compared to what the rest of the country is dealing with. :)

It's great that you've got that new camera! You're using it damn well. The "in motion" shots are already some of the best.

It's a wee bit wetter here. On a dry day a week or so ago...(yes, I do actually love it)

Attachments

• gravel.jpg
    gravel.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 69
Nice pics, Sausage Boy. :clap
The weather here in Hilliard ain't fit for ridin'. So I was able to get a vicarious thrill from your pictures ...

Almost. :huh

Pretty cool pics, Dave!

But, but, but, where's the snow????

Hope you know how LUCKY you are.

Hope everyone is havin a great day.

Rich

Rich said:
Pretty cool pics, Dave!

But, but, but, where's the snow????

Hope you know how LUCKY you are.

Hope everyone is havin a great day.

Rich

I moved here from Boston in '99. I know exactly how fortunate I am to be here.

Think spring, the days are getting longer now....

See, it's not always sunny here :) On the way out to the
beach today, it was cold. Not the dry cold that comes with
snow but damp, bone chilling cold.

I arrived home to find a delivery tag on the door. If it's what
I think it is, no more bone chilling cold :clap

1690918-M-1.jpg

Ian

Back