• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Beautiful day in ND

rich

I couldn't resist, it hit 40 degrees today and I had to hit the North Unit of the Theodore Roosevelt National Park, located 50 miles from my house. The only chilly thing I got was cold feet!

Attachments

• nunit1.jpg
    nunit1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 125
I get to both the North and South units several times throughout the summer months, either one of them make for a nice evening ride after work. For those that have been through ND, you know that the western side is about all we have for scenery. The east is way too flat for me. For a weekend trip, I reach the Black Hills in 4 hours, and the riding there is fantastic, except maybe for dodging the tourists. Thanks for the compliments on the pictures, although this time of year it looks pretty barren. The badlands are beautiful during a wet spring, and then again in the fall when the leaves turn color. I just had to get a ride in yesterday, and it was as exciting as I was expecting it would be. I love riding this time of year, with the right clothing it just can't be beat. I have an electric vest under the tree (oops, how do I know that:confused: ) and I am sure I will be out testing in on x-mas day. Yeah!!! :clap

Great pics

I feel I can relate to yours a little bit more than those coastal dudes on account of some snow snuck into the shot.
Thanks for sharing.

Molsondog said:
Did you see my buddy there?

Oh yeah, I saw several of your buddies along the road. That brings up another interesting thought, you really need to keep your eyes peeled this time of year, especially in the curves, your "buddies" like to leave huge deposits on the pavement. I am sure it would be pretty catastrophic to hit one when they are near frozen!

Back