• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Michelin Pilot Road Tires

I love the pilot roads and you do get better milage. When you buy michelins your tire problems are over. Hey, I was born in Hatiesburg in 51 at forest general

You wouldn't recognize that hospital now. It's 5 stories and spread out.

What tires is your mileage better than and by what proportion?

I got around 7000 miles on metz 's and dunlop 205's and I get around 9000 with the michelin's. You don't need hardly any weight to balance these tires. Metz's require the most weight to balance as any tire I've tried. The Michelin's have a little wine to them at around 52 miles per hour on my bike but hardly noticable. Front tire on my bike has always worn out left of center until I removed the spacer from rear wheel. Wierd uh?

Dearest Mr. Frank..

Greetings from up north!! I'm Dan from Wisconsin (now IL)who used to get in your area when I worked for Beloit Corp.

3 things

* How you been doing?
* How do you like your oilhead, compared to the K75RT?
* I've not run through a complete set of Pilot Roads, but am very happy with the wear at 4K, and I tend to chew up tires pretty fast on my R1100R with hard accelleration and braking. I've tried Bridgestone BT020 (liked em') and I think the Pilot Roads stick better, feel better, and are going to last at least as long, if not more..
I didn't like the stock tires on the bike (BT50?) and I tried a pair of TX Michelins also, but I wasn't fair to them since I used them for a ride to Colorado and 2000 miles of interstate isn't happy tire conditions..

I think you'd be very happy with a set of Pilot Roads and the prices from both Southwest Moto Tire and Chapperal have been very good.. I've ridden MEZ4's on a buddies R1100R and didn't really like them. No time on 205's though..

Hi Dan,
I do remember your visits to Hattiesburg. I've been doin' pretty well for an old guy. I got my BMW 100K mile pin last month.

The R1150RT is a very nice motorcycle. I've added a Cee Bailey shield and Rick Mayer seat. The ride and handling are way better than the K75, and the extra power is nice. The K75 was much smoother at low to moderate speeds (0-70), and the throttle was less abrupt. It was much easier to be smooth on it. The K75RT has slightly better weather protection, but lots more engine heat. The side cases on the K75RT are better shaped for packing. The oilhead engine seems to have smoothed out over time, or I've gotten used to it. At first there seemed to be lots of vibration going up through the gears.

Thanks for the poop on the tires.

Back