• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Aux. Lights ?????

kmEatr

any suggestions on light mounts for 97 RT ? i have piaa 910's from other bike, if i can't use those i'll use 2 pairs of something else. many k's to ride at night :D

suggestions welcome, thanks

I'll second what RT Rider said. The EMP brackets are inexpensive, robust, and fit well. Here's a shot with 910's on them.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 1,122
I had some of these mounts on my RT and found them to be just as Fish said. They were nicely made and Pat Patterson is a very reasonable guy to deal with.:thumb I didn't like my 910's on them though. The lenses protrude out from the housing far enough to throw glare from the lights right into my eyes.:uhoh

I'm 5'11" and had the seat height set in the middle position. I tried one of those wet & stick face shield solar film strips. I mounted it on the bottom of the face shield; it was cut for the top of the shield and didn't fit well, but it did work to keep out the glare. The solar strip was a pain to use, so I traded in my RT and got a GSAdv. Now, no more glare!:D

I've got the EMP over-mirror brackets with PIAA 510s. The driving lights are very effective and I don't get glare from them. I like the brackets, with just a couple small caveats:

1. They do not come pre-drilled, so be careful when you lay out the mounting for your lights that the mounting bolts will clear the painted mirror-housing! Measure twice, drill once....!

2. Mounting the brackets causes the mounting pins for the mirror assembly to change their orientation slightly, just enough for the mirror to be a little bit loose. My fix for this was to apply self-adhesive weatherstripping to the inside of the mirror housing. This keeps the assembly tight. I have also heard that some owners have used o-rings over the pins to accomplish the same thing.

Tim Colburn
Park Forest, IL

Back