• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Recall, we don't need no stinkin' recall

El Dookey loves to ride.
I thought it was an evil joke.
I thought it was a mistake.
But no, the recall notice in the mail looks valid. (Our dealership is closed on Mondays so I can't get the poop until tomorrow.)
2003 and 2004 R models, especially the twin sparkers. It involves wiring for the oxygen sensor and the lead for the right hand secondary spark.
Oh well, it's time for my 6k check up anyway.

I think someone else was talking about that here. Terrien maybe? I think Alex Global Rider had some info on it.

I believe the gist of that recall is to separate the wires to avoid interverence with the electronics, nbd

Recall

Has anyone encountered a problem so far? I'm wondering if I should just wait until my next service call...about 3K from now. Any advise?:brow

Frank,

Welcome to the ADV rider board,

I'm not going to worry to much about it. Next time I bring it in for service I'll have them check it out.

So far I have not felt or noticed any problems at all so I will wait till the 12 K service to have the wiring checked out.
Maybe my bike isn't affected at all:dunno
My bike may have been built after BMW found a problem:clap
Who knows:bliss

Back