• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Anybody from So. Cal. going to Wis. for the Rally?

mbhewlett

Im wanting to ride out there from SF, im looking to take US 50 for the most part. Im on a 1973 r60/5 so the interstate is a little more difficult.

At present im going it alone but as it get closer to the time im sure more will come out of the woodwork.

Matt

I have not yet decided whether or not I'm going to the big rally this summer, but today I took a ride of a couple hundred miles with a friend who recently bought a 2007 K1200GT and he brought up the rally and showed some interest which got me reconsidering making the trip.

Are any other folks from the Los Angeles area going to Wisconsin for the rally this summer?

What route are you taking?

How many days do you plan to travel there?

Are you traveling by bike?

Are you traveling w/ other riders?

Would you care for more company?

I think I would be more inclined to go with a group of riders, but I got an old airhead (1973 R75/5) and won't be able to travel at break-neck speed like some of y'all. I'm no slow-poke though and if you're keeping the speeds below 90mph I can keep up.

Also my budget won't allow for the fine dining and 5-star hotels that many of the people who can afford new BMW's might partake in. In other words I'm poor, but not a mooch.

C'mon, twist my arm.

Thanks.

Back