• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Experiences with Venting Maching Jacket or Summer pants?

willsee

I'm going to look for a new summer riding suit. I tired of being too hot at 75+. I currently have an older (Joe Rocket?) mesh jacket and pants. I really never liked them that much since they don't seem very crash worthy, good news is that I have never had to test them out. They just look like they might melt in a slide so I seldom wear the mesh.

I saw the BMW Venting Machine Jacket and I was thinking that I could match it with the BMW summer pants. The BMW products that I have seen are always a premium price but good quality.

My nearest BMW dealer with BMW clothing is 5+ hours away so I'd be ordering on line.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as a combo suit for summer?

Thanks for the help.

if by summer pants you mean the ones that zip off at the knee to make shorts? i just got myself a pair of those. haven't been able to ride in them yet because it's winter here of course. i do have one complaint so far, it would be nice if there was some padding around the inside waistband area, it's basically just abrasion-resistant material all over there now. chafes a bit. but the price was right.

BMW Summer Pants

I have the BMW Summer Pants in the Sand color. I bought them because I wanted a lighter color (other than the usual black) to wear in the summer. I live in North Carolina and we get high heat and humidity. I wear a First Gear Mesh jacket with the Summer Pants and the combination works well in the summer. I purchased them shortly before the 2005 Lima Rally and was glad I had the zip off legs with the heat we experienced there.

If you are not a slim person, you may want to go up a size because the Summer Pants tend to run small. I am a 37 waist (usually buy 38 jeans/dress slacks) and the Large Summer Pants were too small for me, particularly in the butt. The Extra Large fit just right.

The Summer Pants are being discontinued for 2007. I think A & S Cycles is selling them for $115. This is a good savings over the original list price. I think I paid $179 for mine two years ago.

I'm going to look for a new summer riding suit. I tired of being too hot at 75+. I currently have an older (Joe Rocket?) mesh jacket and pants. I really never liked them that much since they don't seem very crash worthy, good news is that I have never had to test them out. They just look like they might melt in a slide so I seldom wear the mesh.

I saw the BMW Venting Machine Jacket and I was thinking that I could match it with the BMW summer pants. The BMW products that I have seen are always a premium price but good quality.

My nearest BMW dealer with BMW clothing is 5+ hours away so I'd be ordering on line.

Anybody have any thoughts on this as a combo suit for summer?

Thanks for the help.

Consider a custom-fitted kevlar mesh suit from Cycleport -- excellent ventilation, excellent armor/protection, excellent service.
http://www.motoport.com/detail.asp?...hone=1-800-777-6499&Merchant_Fax=760-752-9317

How do you keep warm in the Venting Machine gear? I ride in the Cal Central Valley where it can get toasty. I also ride over the Sierras where it can get a bit nippy. My 'stich is doing double duty now but is too hot in the Valley.

Besides wearing rain gear, what other options are there? I know the VM will do the trick in the heat but I don't want to change for every micro climate.

Thumbs up for BMW Venting Machine

I love the Venting Machine, have used it for 2 years now. To keep warm when it gets chilly, I use the BMW fleece pullover (comes in orange and blue colors), and if needed a full-sleave shirt in the saddle bag. All under the Venting Machine.

Back