Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Why can't I post a message?

beater -

I see nothing unusual or different about your forum settings than any other registered user. Obviously, you can post since you have been doing so in this thread. The status at the bottom of the screen about "You may not post replies", etc., doesn't make sense because it appears that you can.

It is possible that with the forum transition, something got dropped in your account, but I don't see it. I hate to sound like a broken record, but I don't know what is wrong and your best bet is to call the office and ask for Jeff.

As for the Flea Market, I think everyone is having problems there. Ads can be placed, but when viewing an ad, no details or contact information shows up when you click on something. So, that is a common problem for everyone.
    Kurt -- Forum Administrator ---> Resources and Links Thread <---
    '78 R100/7 & '69 R69S & '52 R25/2
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

Maybe beater is looking at the flea market in the forum, which is closed. Nobody can post in there, now that we're trying to get people to move over to the separate flea market again.

Unfortunately, with this glitch in the separate flea market area, nobody can buy or sell at the moment.
    --Darryl Richman, forum liaison
    http://darryl.crafty-fox.com

Darryl -

I guess having the old Flea Market up is creating some confusion. I just looked and even I cannot post in the old in-forum Flea Market and I see the same "You cannot post" messages.

So, to avoid that confusion, I'm going to take the old Flea Market off-line.
    mine-ineye-deatheah-pielayah-jooa-kalayus. oolah-minane-hay-meeriah-kal-oyus-algay-a-thaykin', buddy!

I can still post, but can't post pics, and every search brings up almost all Very old stuff, '04-'05 and the like. In personal info it lists only four posts? Not that it matters since I've got other stuff to do. guess the re-shuffle a few weeks back really shuffled.

Yes, the old stuff is a problem...again, it's before the people in the office to work out.

But why can't you post pictures? Other people have been able to do it. When you go to upload a picture, an attachment key is provided that gives limitations on the photo. For a JPG, it's 153Kb, 800 pixels wide and 1000 pixels tall. If the picture is hugh, maybe 3 or 4Mb, the software will choke. But if you start with something more in line with the limitations, it will upload the picture. It takes a frickin' long time, but it does it.

Have posted too many in the past, (long winter) but the last time, this week, the upload kept saying that it did not upload, not that it matters. when I get the bike finished I'll try again.