• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Volunteer!

Caber Cafe'

I am panning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people.

Mark Harms

A joke?

I am planning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people. Mark Harms

At the risk of being the victim of a practical joke, I will answer this poor fellow's question. The cybercafe is merely a place set aside for volunteers to bring in their laptops and put them on line so visitors can drop by and check their email, stock quotes, etc. Last rally I was at had no Starbuck's at the cybercafe, unless I missed something. Yankee Beemers Club usually has the free (donations accepted) coffee in the mornings at the rallies but not much choice in espressos, lattes or cappuccinos.
By the way the Coffee donations turned into a $12,000 gift for a homeless shelter in Lima!!!! When the director received the check, I thought she was going to faint!! It was a beautiful tribute and a reason every city wants to have a BMW motorcycle rally.:kiss

I am panning on attending my first BMW rally in Wisc. and I am interested in volunteering also. I enjoy and I am quite good at making specialty coffee drinks. I have volunteered at a local youth hangout (now closed) that I served coffee drinks at and at a local not-for-profit cyber cafe'. Will the cyber cafe' at the national rally have a capaccino machine? If so I would like to volunteer for a couple of shifts as I am a relatively new member and would like to meet some of the people.

Mark Harms

Mark,
If you are interested in volunteering to help with the gates, drop me a note (austin01@juno.com). We need people for 4 hour shifts from 7 am to 11 pm. Volunteering (gates, registration, beer garden, etc. ) is a good way to meet folks at the rally.
Mark

Sue, after the unsettling experience I had at the gates in Oshkosh, I would be willing to volunteer for some other duty. That is if Nancy has decided not to do any type of vending as a fund raiser.

Was that YOU at the back gate with Awful Al. doing the Midnight Shift?

:laugh

Was that YOU at the back gate with Awful Al. doing the Midnight Shift?

:laugh
No, I was alone way up front telling the locals they couldn't cut through on the road that they used every day. Remember, you told me a blue van was crashing the gate every night and I radioed back, If I had to, I would write the license plate number in my blood on the road.:rofl

Bruce and Al were at the back gate, and only physically.
I will volunteer this time because I probably won't be out riding.

Last edited:
volunteering

My wife and I, would love to work the registration if any spots are left, we will be up wed. please let us know!

As we start to discuss "Early-Entry" and things to do while you are at the rally, this seems like a great time to remind everyone that the engine for our annual event is run by the volunteers.

Without the volunteers, the rally would lose some its luster --- not to mention how much more it would CO$T.

All of this being said, I would ask that everyone on this list consider stepping up to the plate to volunteer a few hours at the national rally this summer. It will enhance your rally experience, you will make new friends, and ultimately you will truly feel like you are part of the club.

How do you volunteer? Go to the list of committee chairs posted athttp://www.bmwmoa.org/rally/rally07/volunteer.htm

If you want to be on the early set-up crew, contact me directly.
EMAIL SUE

Thanks everyone!

Sue,

I should be on your list of volunteers... I plan on turning up either Monday or Tuesday.

Volunteers RV Parking..............

Greetings All,

The RV Parking committee is looking for volunteers to help park RV's at the Rally. Mon. - Fri. 4 hr. shifts sarting at 8 am. Parking on Wed. and Thur. look to be our busiest so any help would be deeply appreciated.

Like Sue said Volunteering is a great way to meet people you would probably never meet at a Rally. Where ever you end up Volunteering you will feel fullfilled after you're done. Travel safe and hope to meet you there.

Ride Safe,
Pineapple

jdavies3@wi.rr.com

Volunteer First Aid

This will be my first rally and I think i'm on a volunteer list for first aid, at least for eye-related problems. I haven't heard the schedule yet, but will be available Thurs AM or Fri/Sat sometime.

Cal Miller

No answer

Decided to attend the rally this year at the last minute. Sent a PM to the Volunteer email Friday, no response, sent another today to the Volunteer Coordinator. No word, figure eveyone has left for the rally.

I'll be pulling in Wednesday. Guess I'll sign myself up then.

Karl

Would be happy to work registration...

Sheba and I worked registration at the Biltmore rally. Sheba is my wire fox terrier who will be riding with me. We will be coming from Lexington, Kentucky and shoud be arriving there sometime on Wednedday/Thursday. Any questions, concerns or if you would like me to work elsewhere please do not hesitate to contact me at 1-800-631-8255 or Mark@talktoyourcomputer.com.

Thank you,

Mark

Back