Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Belstaff Gear

I purchased the Belstaff Merlin jacket a few years ago, my wife has a Discovery jacket.

Both have been great in all weather, couldn't be happier......Rod.

stealthrider
    Just picked up a Discovery jacket at the NYC bike show.. Now I need some time to try it out..

I have the belstaff " Discovery" model jacket from last year, my wife found it for me actually, bless her heart, and I like this jacket very much. I would have included more venting had I designed it, so it would not be the best one for hot weather, but as far as keeping out foul weather it works very well. So I would rate it as a 3/4 season garment, at least here in the North East.
    Steve
    steve now in CT
    moved from Toronto
    92 R100RS

For those that have bought Belstaff, how have you found the fit? I'm paranoid about buying gear mail order since pretty much all places are in the US and I don't like the hassle if I have to send something back across the border. I want to feel confident the sizing is accurate before ordering something.

Cheers!

Dave...

Belstaff Gear, jackets and pants

I checked my measurements to the sizing charts, figured out what I needed; then I called Belstaff USA and confirmed my selection (turns out I was correct). Garments fit as described, loose enough to wear something underneath but with plenty of adjustments to snug-up the appropriate areas.

Ultarcyclist:

I have the Discovery (a Belfstaff, not a BMG). It is not a cool jacket. Not the jacket for you if you are a hot weather rider. I have it, a perforated leather Joe Rocket and a 3/4 leather Hein Gericke. It is the hottest of them.

I like it for the fall/winter though.

Good quality. It is I am pretty sure not a BMW jacket. In Long Way Round, Belstaff did sponsor those guys. Note what Mario the cameraman wears...a Discovery. But the BMW stuff is totally different in design and materials. I would very much doubt it.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by ultracyclist View Post
    If you have the jackets, are you happy with the ventilation? Most of my riding is in warmer weather, and I want to stay cooler rather than warmer.

If you have pants, same question as above.

I am emailing back and forth with one of their service reps, and they will will be at the Chicago Show.

My priorities are fit and ventilation. I can always add fleece under a jacket in cooler weather.

Sizing of Belstaff

If you are looking to buy mail order, I do have a Discovery in either M or L (I'm sorta in between sizes) and am in the GTA. If you are about that size, and wanted to look at it, you could come by.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by dlowry View Post
    For those that have bought Belstaff, how have you found the fit? I'm paranoid about buying gear mail order since pretty much all places are in the US and I don't like the hassle if I have to send something back across the border. I want to feel confident the sizing is accurate before ordering something.

Cheers!

Dave...