• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Magazine subscriptions not filled from Rally

dannyleo

Anybody else have this problem? I ordered a bunch of magazines from that vendor in the hall and only one of these has came through. I think I've waited about long enough. Does anybody know how I could get in contact with this guy? Someone surely has a contact list of the vendors. Thanks.

Subscriptions

What titles did you order? Were they all from the same vendor? There were a number of vendors ofering different publications. I am guessing you didn't save any receipts or charge card slips that might help.

Answers to the above questions might allow us to track down your missing subs.

Michael Friedle
BMW MOA Board of Directors
Poughkeepsie, NY

I'm sure I have the receipt somewhere but my level of organization makes it easier to try to track this guy down. I know that's hard to believe. :) I may be able to track down the check copy fairly easily. I believe I ordered Trailer Life and Rider as a minimum. There may have been one or two more. This was from the older guy about in the middle of the vendor area, but close to the entrance doors. Heck, maybe I'm the one that's screwed up but I remember writing a check and walking away with a bunch of old issues of the ones I ordered. Thanks.

Shoot, now that you've got me questioning myself, maybe I did do it on credit card... I'll check that too. I know the guy was offering a good deal on multiple orders (or so I thought) so I subscribed. Don't accuse anybody of anything until I get my act together. On the other hand, maybe this guy keeps records and can clear up my befuddledness.

I too thought that something was wrong also because it took so long , but I recieved my Nov and Dec RIDER issues finally.

Bear in mind that the vendors selling magazine subscriptions aren't usually employees of the magazines, but rather independents who get a small cut from each subscription sold.

The process is that they turn in the information to the magazine subscription department. At that point, if some clerk can't figure out your scribbled name or address, there's a problem. Or, if you're getting a 2 for 1 on a renewal, (that's the not-so-secret way of getting MCN much cheaper) be sure you use the same name and address as on your existing subscription. If the name and address match, you'll get an extension. Otherwise you might start receiving duplicate copies.

The process of turning in the subscriptions takes a while, especially if the salesman is on the road. Then the pile gets turned in, and takes a while longer for the office to sort out and get processed. That's one reason why it makes sense to re-up your subscription at the rally a year in advance of the sub running out.

In any case, when subscribing, it's always smart to make a note somewhere, or hold the charge slip, or whatever helps you keep track of what you did. Then, if you don't start receiving the copies, you can contact the magazine subscription office and give them the correct info.

I can't speak for Rider, but I know that Motorcycle Consumer News wants to make you a happy reader, and will respond to queries about problems. You want to talk to the magazine subscription department (phone usually listed in the front of the mag), not the salesman.

pmdave

Back