• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Peter Egan

Outstanding idea! Unlike some readers who read him first, Leanings is always the last thing I get to. Savin' the best for last.

The Reply from Peter Egan

Hey Everyone:

I just got off the phone with Peter Egan. (Yes, he IS as nice a guy as you would imagine.)

He said he frequently has to travel for Road & Track and Cycle World during the summer months. (That old "contract" thing...) He could not commit to attending the national BMW rally at this time.

He added that if he is home during this time period, he would greatly enjoy coming to the rally.

Rest Assured, if he does come to the rally and is willing to do a seminar, we'll make the magic happen.

Peter Egan is the most prolific writer in the world when it comes to the topic of "new bike justification"...the pursuit of the perfect bike selection within one's garage is the only pursuit worthwhile...this guy speaks my language...I'd almost be afraid to meet him...I'd hate to be disappointed...what if he's got one of those weak, dead fish handshakes...I hate that:laugh

He is a very nice man with whom to talk, and he has a firm, not overpowering handshake. At least he did in Chicago two years ago.

Egan

His column in this month's Cycle World is another keeper. He writes about getting his pilot's license re - instated, then goes on to compare the experience of flying to that of riding, and then segues into how participation in higher risk activities affects his interaction with other people who do not participate. Brilliant.

I've always thought of flying as being a cerebral activity and of riding as a visceral one, and he just nails that aspect of it.

If he does decide to attend, I may be forced to do a 2 and a half day pound over flat prairies to be able to meet him.

Rinty

Could we (Someone in the office or the Board) contact Cycle World about coming and doing a piece on the 2007 Rally? It has a motorcycle historical value. It would be a way for MOA to have a piece show in a mainline magazine that could attract interest in our organization. And they could send Egan to cover it.

Could we (Someone in the office or the Board) contact Cycle World about coming and doing a piece on the 2007 Rally? It has a motorcycle historical value. It would be a way for MOA to have a piece show in a mainline magazine that could attract interest in our organization. And they could send Egan to cover it.

I had the same thought....

I sure we could muster up a couple of cold ones to quench your thrist when you arrive.:drink

Hey Everyone:

I just got off the phone with Peter Egan. (Yes, he IS as nice a guy as you would imagine.)

He said he frequently has to travel for Road & Track and Cycle World during the summer months. (That old "contract" thing...) He could not commit to attending the national BMW rally at this time.

He added that if he is home during this time period, he would greatly enjoy coming to the rally.

Rest Assured, if he does come to the rally and is willing to do a seminar, we'll make the magic happen.

Thanks Sue!

After reading one of Peter Egan's columns I want to get out and take a long ride. He and Kevin Cameron are the main reasons I'll buy a copy of CW.

When Peter Egan says "has to travel for Road & Track and Cycle World" I know that means he gets to ride great bikes and drive great cars, ahhh what a wonderful "contract" that's gotta be :heart

Back