• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

Peter Egan

beemerron

Wouldn't it be cool to have a coffee klatch or beer party with Peter Egan.

I always look forward to reading his column and am sure that many of use would love to hear his musings.

He can't be that expensive.

egan

Whether it's Road & Track or Cycle World, his column is the first thing I read in each issue. I save my favourite pieces, including his columns, in a three ring binder.

Still have to get his books though.

Rinty

If I am not mistaken, I think he lives south of Madison, about 2.5 hours from the rally site. He has been frequently seen at Corse motorbikes, a Ducati-Aprilia-Suzuki dealer in Saukville, WI. Saukville is no more than 30 minutes away from the fair grounds. Saukville is about 20 minutes North of Milwaukee on I-43.

+1

Because he and I are about the same age and experienced a lot of the same things growing up, it makes his writing very enjoyable to read.

And, since a lot of us are in our 50's and 60's he would appeal to a large part of the rally folks.

Yep --- We agree. Brian and I read his column EVERY month. Did you see his latest about ridng the Ural through Wisconsin and Minnesota? He also has two great books out: "Leanings" and "Leanings 2".

Now the question arises: How do we get ahold of him? Anyone out there know him? If so, please have him call me or email me.

Seriously. 262-424-2617

Yep --- We agree. Brian and I read his column EVERY month. Did you see his latest about ridng the Ural through Wisconsin and Minnesota? He also has two great books out: "Leanings" and "Leanings 2".

Now the question arises: How do we get ahold of him? Anyone out there know him? If so, please have him call me or email me.

Seriously. 262-424-2617

Call Cycle World, tell them who you are and why you want to talk to him. I'm sure they will help.

Egan

I am sure he turns down hundreds of invites a year, but being a keen BMW enthusiast, and with this year's National on his doorstep, he may be coaxed into attending an event.

Rinty

Call Cycle World, tell them who you are and why you want to talk to him. I'm sure they will help.

Call his publisher (cover page in one of his books. IIRC, it's Peterson Press or the same people who publish Road and Track. Tell him it involves money and his publisher will be sure to get in touch with him!:)

Sue, you might also try calling Art at Mischlers BMW, he might know his number??
Egan has mentioned his shop a few times and I actually met him there at Art's old shop (pretty neat guy).

I am just wondering if Sue is not a step ahead of us...perhaps several steps ahead of us...I, unlike Srgt. Shultz realy do know nothing about this...I am just wondering.

Must Do

I too have enjoyed Peters columns and have both books. I was planning to go to the rally, but if Peter gave a seminar then I would be "forced" to attend.:brow

Call his publisher (cover page in one of his books. IIRC, it's Peterson Press or the same people who publish Road and Track. Tell him it involves money and his publisher will be sure to get in touch with him!:)

Hello Sue,

Road & Track is published by Hachette Filipacchi Magazines, as is Cycle World. Hachette corporate offices are located at 1633 Broadway, NYC (212-767-6000) and Cycle World editorial offices located at 1499 Monrovia Ave, Newport Beach, CA (949-720-5300).

I would recommend leaving a message for Peter at the CW editorial office.

Friedle

I followed up on Hodag's suggestion and called our mutual friend and dealer, Art Mischler. Art said he will pass along my message.

Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

+1... since a lot of us are in our 50's and 60's he would appeal to a large part of the rally folks.

HA!:brow Even us who're twenty years younger grew up on Egan. Hell, I wasn't even twelve when I got my first Cycle World and said to myself, 'Randall, you can write like this guy someday too ... if only you could get a few vehicles together and grow up real quick.':ha
Hero is too short a word.

Back