The Town of Goodman originated in 1908
as a logging community built by R.B. Goodman.
a community in which to house his employees
(AKA Company town)
The town center, now known as
the Goodman Club House
offered a ballroom, theater, and restaurant.
Famous entertainers frequented the Club House
bringing top name performances to the area.
The eighth cutting cycle on the original Goodman Lumber Company land
took place in 1999.
From 1927 through 1999,
417 million board feet of timber have been removed
yet the tract still contains
about the same volume of timber that it had in 1927