• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Who has an R100CS still on the road?

I have the 1981 brochures...funny, no where does it say Krausers, just mentions saddlebags. I guess BMW wasn't into name-branding things.

krauser racks work if you can remove the seatbelt type bracket and it has the space between the tabs for the bmw finger latches

OK, I withdraw my statement. The saddlebags on my '81 looked like Krausers. :dunno:scratch:wow

Honestly, I wouldn't know a Krauser if it bit me! I was just pointing out how strange it was that the brochure didn't taut the accessory by name. :dunno

CS Vin

I see nothing in Vin that says CS other than the actual vin # . What were you talking about that the true US CS had it Vin?

Attachments

• bmw R100cs.jpg
    bmw R100cs.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 165
  • bmw R100cs 1.jpg
    bmw R100cs 1.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 164
CS rarity

I heard one person say that the CS is not that rare or wasn't that big of a deal . I beg to differ with the number of low production of the bikes vin. Just the fact it is low number makes it rare . I understand that it is basically the same bike as RS ,RT and T , but they all have thousands of production numbers compared to a couple hundred true CS's .
I can tell you they don't show up often I have been looking for a true Vin numbered bike for years and they don't come up for sale often .
To me saying that they are no big deal and not collectible is like say all 1967 Corvettes are the same.
JMHO>

Honestly, I wouldn't know a Krauser if it bit me! I was just pointing out how strange it was that the brochure didn't taut the accessory by name. :dunno

That's probably because BMW NEVER fitted Krausers.

They fitted Denfelds.

That's for the original style bags featuring the BMW Roundel.

The later bags never had a manufacturer association.

"Rare" is a relative term anyway. Most years you could say that all BMWs were rare compared to Honda sales. "Rare" does not necessarily mean desirable or valuable either. This discussion about the CS models being more valuable has been going on for years. Unless you can show me that they are going for $10K, they don't command higher prices. Lets post real world selling prices if you know them.

Given time it will show

With time the price of a true CS vs a comparable Rs, Rt or T will show. It's more sporty looking and actual production numbers make it rare . We shall see with time time to me a better investment than any of the other models during same period

What's hot now

Right now the the /2 is hot especially because of R 69s because it is a hot rod of the period . It has been R68 -R69s - R 90s - R100 s then R100CS . Then what is next ? What make the R50s , R68 so valuable compared to R 69s ? Production numbers!!

The CS is an interesting Model

It is rare and it is a nice looking and riding motorcycle. The reality is its as valuable as the owner wants it to be and its selling price will be what someone is willing to pay for it if an owner decides to sell. For a purist (disclosure: I'm one) would value the bike for its correctness, original condition and presentation upon inspection. As far as the /2 stuff goes, the rarest of all /2 would be the R 50US with just over 410 units built and second on the rare scale would be the R 69US with right around 1,100 built. Next would be the R 50S which came in right around 1,634 units. Even more rare than the R 100CS, and all those /2 I mentioned would be the original factory paint Granada Red, Turf Green, Bristol Grey and Caribe Blue US only /2 bikes.

I for one think its great that some keep track of the surviving limited edition Air Head bikes, its even better knowing that some are even being preserved and researched to authenticate them as original.

Back