View Poll Results: Where would you like to see the '05 Rally Held?

Voters
150. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pacific Northwest?

2 1.33%
  • California Northern/Southern?

6 4.00%
  • Southwest US - Arizona/New Mexico?

6 4.00%
  • Big Sky Country - Colorado-Montana area?

24 16.00%
  • South Central - Nawlins? Texas?

6 4.00%
  • North Central - Chi-town? Minn/Wisc?

30 20.00%
  • Heartland America - Kansas/Missouri?

28 18.67%
  • Florida/Georgia?

9 6.00%
  • Mid Atlantic - NC to Maryland?

16 10.67%
  • New England - Boston?

23 15.33%
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Where should the '05 Rally be held?

Subzero Scooter Idiot oldcarkook's Avatar

Where should the '05 Rally be held?

Lots of pros and cons to the Rally location. What region would you like to see and why?
    Experience is the comb that mother nature gives us when we are bald

Vegas?

Anywhere that isn't east of the rockies. Why? given a choice between riding east of the rockies and riding west of the rockies, which would you choose?

From what I have read they start looking a places 5 years out.
    By now 2005 is set. So is 2006 and maybe 2007.
    After 2000 Michigan, 2001 Oregon, 2002 Ontario, 2003 West Virginia, 2004 Washington I think they may go for the Mid-West.
    Or the South.

John

In for Vegas.

Dave Swider
    Marin County, CA

Some bikes. Some with motors, some without.

CRUISIN

Central location

I voted for the "Heartland" but the Colorado option is a good one too. It seems that they have tendancy to avoid the center of the country, making it a huge trek for someone living on the opposite coast from the site chosen. Somewhere near the center of the lower 48 would be nice for a change, it would also be nice if it happened more than once a decade. If it is held "centrally" then more people would have a chance to attend. There are lots of great places to hold a rally in Colorado, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arkansas, Missouri, and yes, even Texas has some great scenery. Have you ever been to the Texas hill country? You will find some of the best motorcycle roads ever in the center of Texas. JMHO.

Just had to add another $.02--I also would like to make the point that whatever the general location, it be held near but not in a large city. Staying away from large metro. areas will minimize the accident risks and should make it simpler to keep all the festivities in one spot, unlike this year's rally in Charleston.
    Last edited by cruisin; 11-18-2003 at 11:57 PM.

I think is was in 1997 that the BMW national was in Fredericksburg, TX
    That was a great place.
    John

Unregistered

Thumbs up

Tennessee was the choice for 2005 until the county board would not approve a liquor permit.

Dawgmiester
    I was hopping for a weekend of debauchery in Las Vegas.
    However, there are so much incredible ridding opportunities all over the country as I am sure you all are quite aware. I voted for the center of the county as to make it as accessible to all members to attend. I am sure that whatever city is decided upon we will have a grand time. No matter what city it is held, I will be looking forward to being there

Unregistered

Thumbs up

You're right on WIDEBMW! The 2005 and 2006 sites are already selected. And possible sites for 2007 and 2008 are being considered. More news.......all sites being reviewed are single venue locations! All activities in one location.

WANTED - Great sites to hold the BMW MOA International Rally. If you think you may know of a site contact me or any of the Board of Directors. Most of the past rally locations were originally suggested by our members. Looking forward to Spokane!

Riding Like the Wind...

Chuck Manley #12106
    Director, BMW MOA
    Chairman, Rally Site Search Team
    Dinky Dozen BMW Riders, Inc.
    (309) 825-8445 (anytime)

CRUISIN
    So Chuck, this gives us the opportunity to ask you directly, why does the MOA seem to shun the central location idea. Common sense would dictate that a "central" location would tend to boost attendance. This coast to coast routine is getting old.

'99 '03 '06 National Co-Rally Chair Friedle's Avatar

Future Rally Sites

The BMW MOA BoD, with the guidance of the Rally Site Selection Committee, tries to select International Rally sites at least five years in advance. We pretty much know where we will be through 2008. We need that much advance to book sites that meet our group's needs.

PLEASE help us pick the sites for your future International rallies. We need your suggestions. We have a very talented RSSC working hard for you, but member input is always needed.

Don't just complain that such and such a site sucked, give us your suggestion as to where we should hold the Rally. A specific location, not just "the Midwest" or the "Central part of the country", would be very helpful.

Some basic requirements are: about 100 seccure acres minimum site size; at least 50,000 square feet of vendor space; adequate seminar space; good camping with mature shade trees; availability of enough food vendors or providers to feed a crew of 6,000-7,000; at least 2,000 motel rooms in a 20 mile radius; availability of showers; MOA beer sales permitted; and most importantly...a good motorcycle riding area with lots of things to see and do.

If you think you know a place that meets these very basic requirements, please get in touch with either Chuck Manley, myself or any member of the BMW MOA Board of Directors. We will be more than happy to consider your suggestion.

Michael Friedle
    BMW MOA Board of Directors
    Rally and Events Chair
    RSSC Member
    Ride fast safely

Question

North Dakota, would be one place. Seem no one has been there.
    Oklahoma, Iowa or any of the states that have not had a BMWMOA rally yet. Give all the states a shot.
    MT helmet
    [COLOR=Red]NO ONE ELSE ADMITS IT[FONT=Courier New]

CRUISIN

Re: Future Rally Sites

Originally posted by Michael Friedle

Don't just complain that such and such a site sucked, give us your suggestion as to where we should hold the Rally. A specific location, not just "the Midwest" or the "Central part of the country", would be very helpful.
    I don't recall ever having used the word "sucked," I did point out that there were some problems with the spread out nature of this year's facilities. And here are some viable possibilities; near but not in: Dallas, San Antonio, Austin, Denver, Colorado Springs, Fort Collins, Kansas City, St Louis, Branson, Little Rock, Eureka Springs, Fayetteville, Omaha, Lincoln, Casper, Salt Lake City, Sante Fe, Albuquerque, Okalhoma City, and Tulsa.

Re: Future Rally Sites

Just listing cities does not help. You should look and see what facilities they have. See below.

Originally posted by Michael Friedle
    Some basic requirements are: about 100 seccure acres minimum site size; at least 50,000 square feet of vendor space; adequate seminar space; good camping with mature shade trees; availability of enough food vendors or providers to feed a crew of 6,000-7,000; at least 2,000 motel rooms in a 20 mile radius; availability of showers; MOA beer sales permitted; and most importantly...a good motorcycle riding area with lots of things to see and do.
    I have looked at Winnemucca, Battle Mountain, Elko, Ely, Austin, Fallon. Hawthorne, Tonopah.

I just can't find the tree in Nevada that everyone will camp under.