• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

The Big GIG: NYC Motorcycle Show

RandallIsland Makes History.

Pictured here is RandallIsland confering with Boxergrrlie, Miss Adventure, in New Glarus. This Gotham to Glarus is a first for "Rally" to "Rally" Conference Calling.

Hope the Forum will see more of this kind of communication expanding the MOA personal contacts before the family gathering in Wisconsin.

Attachments

• 0119 Big GIG 084 (s).jpg
    0119 Big GIG 084 (s).jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 95
And this one was earlier described as a cross between a Harley and an LT. It is the new Victory Vision. Website says it will be ready in the fall of 2007 - just in time to put into winter storage.

Attachments

• 0119 Big GIG 075 (s).jpg
    0119 Big GIG 075 (s).jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 86
Something more down to earth - the three wheel scooter. It had lots of storage under the seat and looked like it might be a real winner in the first scooter category. It was hard to tip over.

Attachments

• 0119 Big GIG 071 (s) (2).jpg
    0119 Big GIG 071 (s) (2).jpg
    120.1 KB · Views: 95
Same Machine - post #186 by StatDawg- Rear View Mirror

Attachments

• 0119 Big GIG 068 (s).jpg
    0119 Big GIG 068 (s).jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 93
The vintage display looks fantastic!

I've been wanting to see a picture of the Victory, thanks for posting it. I don't know if I like it - from pictures I would say 'no' but I will withhold forming an opinion until I see one in person.

The new Connie looks great though. It will be interesting to see how it does in the market.

What a great day!

my first big cycle show, impressive displays not only from the big names in motorcycling, but also from the finest in etched crystal, pewter dragons,wolf t-shirts and skull necklaces:p the display from bmw was great, all the new bikes were there and i was even able to talk to Nate Kern for a bit. i also enjoyed the offerings from ducati, mv augusta and even ural had a neat setup, mostly involving wooden crates.

(i apologize for the small size, didn't realize the camera was set that way)

Breeze looks like he's ready to roll:
IMG_2343.jpg

Tessler trying a cruiser from korea on for size:
IMG_2347.jpg

A representative of the mass state police was in attendance:
IMG_2346.jpg

MV Augusta had a great display of their vintage bikes, pretty boxy 750 America w/brown suede seat:
IMG_2348.jpg

trouble locating your exhaust, when all else fails just stick them anywhere (79 2 stroke something or other):
IMG_2352.jpg

After the show we went over to dinner in chelsea. i got an excellent steak, although it seemed pots of rice and seafood were the preferred meal selection of most. i really wish i liked seafood, some of it looks so tasty. I'll stop talking about the food, i didn't take any pictures of it and that's just mean. Paul, our unofficial leader for the gig, took some time to present swag before the conclusion of dinner as red rider looks on:

IMG_2354.jpg

Some headed home after dinner, some of us continued the evening's festivities. Vince and Ray from the MOA office came by and joined us in the revelry which continued on till 10 o'clock or so at which point i headed south to the east village to meet up with some friends. i fell asleep at 7:12 this morning on a hardwood floor:hungover

Great day, met a bunch of new people and saw friends and riding buddies i hadn't seen in quite some time, this should definitely become an annual event

also,

did you find my lighter vince:stick

Back in the day of Black and White photography Statdawg lived in Spain. His first real bike was bought at the Bultaco Factory with the help of an Angel or at least his first name was that. Stat had a Sherpa T 250 and this was the color of it. But this bike is a Pursang like the late legend Jim Pomeroy rode in Spain back in the day. He is featured in the cult film "On any Sunday". I had the pleasure of seeing him in action in the mountains north of Madrid. It is funny how one sees something old and the flood of emotions of yesterday return. This little bike turned my attention away from all the glitter of GIG to a time when life was simple and we thought we were immortal. All that gear is featured on the back wall. I just wish I still had the body that once fit into it. Amazing what that simple bike can do and back then that was "THE" bike.

The smells of Spain are so rich. I can still remember racing a Euro-cross events in a tiny towns bouncing down cobblestone streets with hay bails in the corners. Heading out of town full throttle to dirt roads, cattle paths, baby head gravel ditches, across rivers, into another town. Sometimes pushing the bike or fixing a flat along the muddy lane. The event attire consisted a white 3/4 Bell Helmet, Spanish paratrooper boots, heavy soon to wet pants, the famous thumbs up jersey with an Olive company sponsor patch, goggles, and my secret weapon. I would smoke a French perfume cigarette to annoy those behind me. Tech parts were safer with the cigarette and Steve McQueen riding was vogue. The Olive Company sponsored me because they thought it was great to have a tall American rider. It was just a regional event and fun to mingle with the Euro-cross gods.

Angel rode with me, he was the son of the Olive Merchant. He was killed in combat while doing his mandatory service to Spain. Angel was in their Foreign Legion and died fighting against Morocco in the Spanish Sahara. We thought we would be immortal once. This was a great bike too.

This is some of the finest writing I've read here in quite some time.

Nicely done, sir and I thank you.

Bubba details the innovations and features of the new BMW Harness system to Statdawg, while the 'Dawg ponders the physical presence of a 2007 Dakkar.

124374301-M.jpg

Minding The Store

Which store? The MOA booth of course. Several members faithfully minded the MOA booth and secured new members. New members who signed up at the showed received a vintage tee shirt soon to become a collectors' item - the black 2004 Spokane shirt.

The MOA made donations of the shirt and an anonymnous book for the Awards Dinner. Ambassador and Board Member Friedle donated some collector reflective, one of a kind, stickers. RandallIsland won those at the Awards Dinner. Meanwhile Ambassador Ascher watched over all proceedings.

Attachments

• 0119 Big GIG 081 (s).jpg
    0119 Big GIG 081 (s).jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 108
Hey I lost you guys somewhere. Looks like a great time was had by all. And no one was involuntarily detained..

Great meeting all you guys..

Big Gig

That Victory looks like it's trying to swallow its front wheel.

Think BMW LT after a tab of the brown acid. :hungover

It has all those loose, runny, droopy lines everywhere you look. The trees melting into the pavement look. I predict they will sell lots of them.

Friedle
just walked in my door from Big Gig day 2, back for day 3 at 0830

Next year, when the 2nd annual The Big GIG rolls around, I'm going to clear my schedule so I can stay for dinner, but I enjoyed having lunch and standing in line for tickets with everyone. With the roads ice free, it was certainly a lot easier getting home than getting there.

Whew, you've escaped.....

Next year, when the 2nd annual The Big GIG rolls around, I'm going to clear my schedule so I can stay for dinner, but I enjoyed having lunch and standing in line for tickets with everyone. With the roads ice free, it was certainly a lot easier getting home than getting there.

Terham,
We've called off the search. Red Rider and I covered the ground at the Javits Center grid by grid trying to locate you along with several of our wayward "comrades in moto." We feared that you had been taken by some of the dudes in the bandanna, chaps and skull rings clan and held for ransom.
Thanks for your tremendous efforts in getting to O'Farrell's and the Show (2 1/2 hours just to get to the train is above and beyond the call.)
As you can see, a fun time was had by all , albeit hazy in some instances ("No officer, I was not urinating on that H-D, I was merely washing it down with a mildly acidic cleaning solution using a portable low pressure device that I keep with me at all times for such instances")
Paul and Statdawg had the SWAG covered and Tessler aced the restaurant choice. I haven't tasted authentic Sangria since running the bulls in Pamplona. We retired to a Westside watering hole for continued good cheer and a requisite "interesting experience" (that's all I'm saying on this).
I propose another "Comrades in Moto" event soon. We don't need an excuse although bail money is recommended.:bolt

Breeze

Last edited:
Think BMW LT after a tab of the brown acid. :hungover

It has all those loose, runny, droopy lines everywhere you look. The trees melting into the pavement look. I predict they will sell lots of them.

Friedle
just walked in my door from Big Gig day 2, back for day 3 at 0830

Victory
Reminded me of a krill eating whale shark ........what a nightmare. Perhaps I should call myself and talk it over.....

As per the brown acid, I recommend a B52....5mgs Haldol with 2 mgs Ativan IM Q4h prn agitation.......

Breeze

Made for Americade

It looks like the perfect Americade ride competing with the Road Kings and other Light Trucks. Drop one of those and you will
-have a bad Vision
-have to call a tow truck to right it. Even Skert might not be able to get it back on two wheels.
-will need a loan from The World Bank for repairs.

On the plus side
-it is made in America :usa

("No officer, I was not urinating on that H-D, I was merely washing it down with a mildly acidic cleaning solution using a portable low pressure device that I keep with me at all times for such instances")

Hmmm. Great quote. :) Might become a classic.

Back