• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

Aerostich & Gloves Epiphany

burnszilla

For the past two years I've been wearing my Helimot Buffalo 365's over top of my 'stich sleeve. The Helimot glove is a mid-gauntlet style glove most likely to be worn over top of a sleeve. With my new suit I noticed that the sleeve was pushing down on the glove and not allowing a good glove fit. I always experienced a little draft coming in on my right wrist.
320021215_d34db71a03.jpg

Yesterday I received the winter Aerostich catalog in the mail and noticed that all the photos of the gloves in it show the glove tucked in under the suit sleeve. So, this morning I tucked my gloves under the zip up sleeve on the 'stich. It was a little difficult zipping up over my wrist with the watch on it. Wow, what a difference. No wind draft as it was sealed up tight and my hands went all the way into the gloves with out the sleeve getting in the way.
320021175_13600b5255.jpg

I may be stupid just noticing this now, but how do you wear your gloves with your 'stich?
Was the Aerostich suit designed to be worn over the gloves?

Last edited:
I wear my gloves tucked in when it rains (the water runs down my arm and into my glove) or in the cold (or I get too much air in) or when it is really hot (I open the wrist flaps on my Darien to let as much breeze go up my arms as possible).

Otherwise the default is gloves out.

Burnszilla said:
I may be stupid in just noticing this now....
Necessity is the mother of invention. :)

Burnszilla said:
how do you wear your gloves with your 'stich?
Was the Aerostich suit designed to be worn over the gloves?

Probably the ability to snug up the jacket cuff makes the difference over just having the glove cuff over the jacket. I kind of like the cuff bunched up into the jacket. Not having to unvelcro and revelcro all the time just to remove or replace my gloves. So I go for short cuffs on my gloves. In the winter I wear the BMW Tourgard or Streetgard 2 jacket which has a cuff inside the sleeve.

cjack said:
So I go for short cuffs on my gloves.

That's interesting. I've always gone for long gauntlets to keep that little space between my jacket and glove covered up.

:dunno

I wear the gauntlets outside the sleeve in cold weather, and inside the sleeves when I want ventilation, but then my Darien is a few years old. I've yet to have a problem with rain water running down inside my gloves.

Gauntlets out in cold, heat, and dry.

I rarely ride anymore in the rain.

I nearly always ride in my (red Roadcrafter) birthday suit...

Used to go cuffs in with my old Kilimanjaro jacket, the cuffs were not big enogh to go over. My new StreetGuard 2 is made to have the cuffs over the gloves. It has a double cuff so the inner cuff seals at the wrist to keep out the drafts, the outer shells cuff goes over the gloves to shed the rain. It would be much too bulky to try to stuff it all into the guantlet.

Gloves out. I don't thing I could zip them under.

Burnzy, do you have a zipper repair kit by any small chance?

Mostly cuffs in / gauntlet over. (I have a hard enough time wearing a wrist watch with the 'stich).

My Killimanjaro-AIR has big cuffs and so sometimes it goes over, but then again I'm probably not wearing gauntlet style gloves.

Not a 'Stitch but during this time of year I snap my jacket sleeves (Marsee Adventue Jacket) and wear the gauntlets over......

I wear my gauntlet over my sleeve out of pure obstinance. Under is proper and provides better protection. I know this and suffer rain because of this. I wear Held's ( bought from Helimot). How are his new lines?

shoeman said:
I wear my gauntlet over my sleeve out of pure obstinance. Under is proper and provides better protection. I know this and suffer rain because of this. I wear Held's ( bought from Helimot). How are his new lines?
I love Helimot Buffalo 365's.. They lasted me 2 years or 40,000 sMiles.
My old pair now sit in his old glove museum.

Back