• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

holiday gift list?

knary

looking for a coal mine
It's that time of year. Family and friends are asking one my favorite questions: "What would you like for christmas?"

So what I should I tell them? There are the obvious choices of "a life", "some brains", "some balls", and so on, but I'd like to try to keep the list to more tangible things. Are there any moto related items I should ask Santa for?

1. Moto techniques oil filler cap
2. new boots (Oxtar?)
3. gloves (can you ever have too many?) The BMW GS gloves?
4. Best rest tool plate
5. Powerlet tankbag kit
6. some yet unidentified perfect thermometer.

and?? I'm trying to keep it to things under $200 (so no Ricky bars quite yet).

So what else? What do YOU want? some little things (see #1) would be great.

greedy,
-scott

(yes, I'm posting this question elsewhere)

I really need one thing: A new He-met.

I'm not sure what kind, of course, but either a Shoe-birth or yet another Arai. In white so I can cover it with cow stickers.

Other than that, I really only need the Ohlins for the VFR fixed. Or course, the S bike needs tires again.

A set of nifty Bondhus ball end hex drivers would be cool. Or the Snap-on version of the same.

Oh cripe. Ya had to ask...

KBasa said:
I really need one thing: A new He-met.

I'm not sure what kind, of course, but either a Shoe-birth or yet another Arai. In white so I can cover it with cow stickers.

Other than that, I really only need the Ohlins for the VFR fixed. Or course, the S bike needs tires again.

A set of nifty Bondhus ball end hex drivers would be cool. Or the Snap-on version of the same.

Oh cripe. Ya had to ask...

Some tools! Good idea. I could use some hex drivers....and a new soldering iron...and???

Hell, I could use some cow sticker equivalents.
:)
I just imagined cow stickers spreading across helmets like some kind of reflective plague.

Funny you should mention....

My List

1. Cow stickers (gotney bronze ones?)
2. BMW valve stem covers (had 'em on me old bike - that was my low budget idea of customizing the ride)
3. Whirled peas.
4. That tank-lock tank bag system looks cool.
5. Air mesh jacket (Silver looking one).

ps - where does one acquire said cow stickers. they do glow in the dark, don't they?

Ted Hall, the Heifermeister, makes them. He's in Vermont somewhere.

He's usually on the Beeg Leest. If you want his email address, send me a PM.

Dave

I'd post a wish list but the new Aerostich/Riderwearhouse catalog was in the mail today. Pardon me while I go mark up some pages and think of a place to leave it where my wife will find it. Hooooo!

Try the bathroom floor. Works for me. I conveniently leave the page open with a post-it on it.

:evil

Too subtle on the list

There are some many things....

The worst part is that my BMW Dealer is doing a registry this year. I filled the page in the first five minutes.

Also now that Mrs. Beemer Brad rides I can be more direct and just circle the stuff in the AeroStich catalog

Anyway, here are some suggestions/things I want - notice wide price range.

:newtoy

1) Ear Plugs
2) Reflective Safety Vest
3) Hyperlights
4) Mr. Happy Puppet (page 177)
5) Weather Radio
6) AAA Membership for the maps and routing
7) Roadgear Tire Pressure Gauge
8) Dog Tags/ID Tags
9) iPOD
10) Multitool (Leatherman/Gerber)
11) GreenLight Swipes
12) GreenLight Trigger
13) Reflective stuff

If you need more suggestiongs, I can post my personal list ;)

Here's my list

1. Macallan 18 year old Scotch
2. Heated Gloves
3. Motolights or something similar
4. GPS V
5. New boots.
6. Aprillia Touno R

:brow

As subtle as a sledghammer

A Mrs. Beemer received the BMW apparel catalog today in the mail. When I returned for a night out with coworkers :beer I found the catalog with smiley faces and sizes circled.:yow

I have a very short list myself.

Garmin GPS V.
New Gloves, something in kangaroo would be nice.
Hand Guards since I am not getting a fairing :(
that about does it for me..

I've decided to ask for a garage.

It'll only cost around $200k. (they come with houses attached)
:eek

Anyone see any similiarities

KBasa said:
Try the bathroom floor. Works for me. I conveniently leave the page open with a post-it on it.

:evil

Today's Get Fuzzy comic strip:
getfuzzy2003152481225.gif

Hmmm anyone think KBasa is Bucky? I know I have never seen the two together!
:eek

:p

Hoping everyone's holiday is/was safe.

Macallan 18? Mmmm, sounds good. I have a bottle of the 'cask strength' which I highly recommend, and I usually go for Islays!

Back