• Welcome Guest! If you are already a member of the BMW MOA, please log in to the forum in the upper right hand corner of this page. Check "Remember Me?" if you wish to stay logged in.

We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMWMOA forum provides. Why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the club magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMWMOA offers?

Want to read the MOA monthly magazine for free? Take a 3-month test ride of the magazine; check here for details.

• NOTE. Some content will be hidden from you. If you want to view all content, you must register for the forum if you are not a member, or if a member, you must be logged in.

You might be from Wisconsin if ...

BeerTeam

Ambassador
If you use the word
Bubbler a trademarked name that refers to a drinking fountain. The Bubbler was developed in 1888 by the then-small Kohler Company in Kohler, Wisconsin, which was already well-known for its faucet production. While Harlan Huckleby is credited with the actual design, it was Kohler that patented it and trademarked the name.

The Bubbler concept took off and there were many copies. Since the name was trademarked, other companies named their fountains "The Gurgler" and "The Gusher". In the end, the generic term "drinking fountain" became the standard term used in American English for a device that shoots water into the air for purpose of drinking.

The bubbler term is still used in several regional dialects of the United States such as in Wisconsin (mostly in the southeast part of the state, centered on Milwaukee, where it is considered part of the local dialect; residents of southeastern Wisconsin often state that the term is used within a "five county radius," however, the term's use has spread throughout the region, beyond five counties in the area.

Some people only call ones that are outdoors "bubbler" and some vice versa. Some residents of Milwaukee refer to them as "water bubbler". Most residents of southern Wisconsin refer to water fountains, both indoor and outdoor, as "bubbler".
wikipedia.org/BubblerFrom Wikipedia

Bratwurst pages

The Bubbler at the Washington County Fairgrounds
90860200-L.jpg

Last edited:
And almost every time I am in a hotel at an ice machine, I think of Wisconsin... anyone want to guess why?

I know, I know - 'cuz I live in the town with the same name as the company that makes them, Manitowoc. They also make cranes.

Bubbler

I've been in Rhode Island all my life and "Bubbler" was the only name we knew of for drinking fountains... Maybe Rhode Island is actually just a county of Wisconsin, just a bit outside the five county radius!

And here I thought that it was because of the bubbles that rise in the carboy when you fill a cup from the old-fashioned type of fountain. Damn- so much for deductive reasoning!

You know you are from Wisconsin when....

The Friday Night Fish Fry is served all day.

142213011-L.jpg

Good food at Maxwell downtown Cedarburg. Cedarburg is a historic town 12 miles from the Rally.

142220372-L.jpg

you might be from WI if....

you can smell the difference between aged brick and Limburger

You might be from Wisconsin if you know that Wisconsin is the only state in the country to make Limburger Cheese, and it's all produced in a single cheese plant.

.... Chalet Cheese Coop, located 6 miles north of Monroe on Cty N.

Lunch

Limberger and onions on Rye bread, and don't forget the mustard! MMMMM, must be lunch time!

;)

* If every time you see moonlight on a lake, you think of a dancing bear, and you sing gently, "From the land of sky-blue waters,....you might live in Wisconsin .

I was pretty much ambivalent to the post until the "Land of sky-blue waters" ahh memories. Now... that stupid jingle will be in my head all day. Thanks Sue.:wave

Dave H.
San Antonio, TX

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters,
From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.

Great ad campaign, who doesn't remember the Hamm's bear? (If you were around back then).

But honestly, dreadful beer.

http://www.hammsclub.com/

But Hamms is not allowed in my fridge,in my house,in any cooler I own. We have a rule if you can't see the bottom of a glass its good.

Some thing else to live by

"When it comes to wine, I tell people to throw away the vintage charts and invest in a corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking. "

"When it comes to wine, I tell people to throw away the vintage charts and invest in a corkscrew. The best way to learn about wine is the drinking. "

Goes very well with what I think is the only thing a person needs to know about wine:
"The right wine is the wine you like!" -Justin Wilson

You might be from WI if..... Wow. This new deer stand is cool. It could be increased to a 2 or 3 person ya think? Its got the new whisper quiet jets and new scent block chlorine. I see new blaze products comin in the future..... blaze swim suits, blaze aqua socks, oooh and the new line of blaze towels, and oh man the new speedo blaze gogles. And lastly, a blaze bottle coozy to keep the steam from warmin it up.:drink

From the Land of Sky Blue Waters,
From the land of pines, lofty balsams,
Comes the beer refreshing,
Hamm's the beer refreshing.

Great ad campaign, who doesn't remember the Hamm's bear? (If you were around back then).

But honestly, dreadful beer.

Is there a difference between Hamms and PBR? Old Style?

I will drink PBR, darn near frozen, in the Summer. In the aluminum can, no less. Nice hops!
Did someone say catfish sandwich?

Back