• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

• Beginning April 1st, and running through April 30th, there is a new 2024 BMW MOA Election discussion area within The Club section of the forum. Within this forum area is also a sticky post that provides the ground rules for participating in the Election forum area. Also, the candidates statements are provided. Please read before joining the conversation, because the rules are very specific to maintain civility.

The Election forum is here: Election Forum

more signs

WideBMW, what is that the view from the top of? It reminds me of the view from Capulin, but some details are not quite right to be that...

You got a R100R, great I have a 92. I just turned 180,000 miles on it. The road is the one on the first pic. UT 261 going North from Mexican Hat, UT. About 5 miles of dirt.
Going up, my wife did not like my "one hand for the bike and one hand for the camera. Have fun on your new bike. John

Last edited:
The Veg said:
WideBMW, what is that the view from the top of? It reminds me of the view from Capulin, but some details are not quite right to be that...
Get some map software, MapQuest for instance. Go to the Four Corners area (UT,CO,NM,AZ). Center on Mexican Hat, UT. Zoom in a bit. 261 goes north off of US-163. In MapQuest, you can see a little "blob" at the end of the first stretch of 261 heading NNW off of 163. Center on that blob and zoom in. When you zoom in enough, you'll see Valley of the Gods Road. That is the road that you can see from the top. Mokee Dugway, likely the place where the photos were shot is at the "tip" of one of those switchback curves.

Great road, the Bride and I were just out that way a few weeks ago,took 261 on the way to Torrey,UT. What your looking down on is Monument Valley. To bad you didn't have the wide angle lens on as you wouldn't believe the view. If you look closely at the pic, you'll see a dirt road connect to the pavement, thats Valley of the Gods road.We took that road with a fully loaded 01RT, 2up and teaching my wife about riding in the dirt. Lotsa wash-outs and a wee bit rocky but TONS of fun.had the Rt bottoming out a few times and loving ever second of it. If your ever in the area, you just gotta check it out, the views are amazing to say the least, and the view from the top of 261 are also great.
As soon as I can figure out this scanner, I'll post some pic's of Valley of the Gods road.
Enjoy The Day.......

From northern Arkansas:
263407-Crooked%20and%20Steep.jpg

263411-Resume%20speed.jpg

widebmw said:
View from the top
Thanks for the memories. I drove that road several years ago on my Virago. It is a very exciting climb, your attention wants to be looking at the view but the road jealously demands your attention.

Sign you don't want to see: four bikes were riding Hwy 93 between Ely and Wells, NV, time for a fuel stop, but we couldn't seem to find anyone in town?

Attachments

• no gas.jpg
    no gas.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 214
Bicaz Gorge, Romania, September 2003

Attachments

• 95-car over cliff warning resized.jpg
    95-car over cliff warning resized.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 158
Back