• Welcome, Guest! We hope you enjoy the excellent technical knowledge, event information and discussions that the BMW MOA forum provides. Some forum content will be hidden from you if you remain logged out. If you want to view all content, please click the 'Log in' button above and enter your BMW MOA username and password.

If you are not an MOA member, why not take the time to join the club, so you can enjoy posting on the forum, the BMW Owners News magazine, and all of the discounts and benefits the BMW MOA offers?

more signs

DDHR1150RT

Re: Re: Talimena Scenic Drive

flash412 said:
one of my favorite road signs is on Lolo Pass...
w77b.JPG

Ah a sign to make my heart go wheeeeeeYES!

Lets face it, these types of signs are a biker's paradise and a cage's nightmare.

Bring on more of these signs! Everybody, post your favorite!

Here's one of my favorites:

Attachments

• tail 2.jpg
    tail 2.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 742
Here's a good one I found in Newfoundland this summer. I was windy, but not as bad as it could have been. Only had gusts to about 100 Kph that day.

Attachments

• wind warning.gif
    wind warning.gif
    103.4 KB · Views: 696
Wind blasts

I once cut through the SE corner of Colorado and the wind was blowing so hard I kept the bike at a 45 degree angle. That was a pretty tough hour or three.
Wind is fun crossing the Mackinac Bridge from the mitten of Michigan up to the UP or vice versa. First you get the bike leaned into the wind, then you come to the gridwork portion of the bridge and look down. Feels just like you are flying.
That makes the heart pound.

some of my favorite signs

Attachments

• signs_6.jpg
    signs_6.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 624
sorry lets see if I can make the image smaller

Attachments

• no_tresspassing.jpg
    no_tresspassing.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 591
Hey, you guys in CA know that you're spoiled - right????

Snoone - LOVE the sign with the cow!!!!

bg

This is on the Talimena Scenic Drive, just before the descent down to the eastern end (some say the best part of TSD!) Notice the fog and mist. Between that and the sign my S.O. was nearly scared out of her mind!

Attachments

• dsc00343.jpg
    dsc00343.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 534
Last edited:
I love my GS...

Attachments

• colorado 1011.jpg
    colorado 1011.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 492
285 kilometers (177 miles) to the next town, to the next gas station...to the next anything...all gravel.

Attachments

• 03122.jpg
    03122.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 478
With the Salzburgring track just down this twisty road a bit and a lot of racer wannabees out there, they were losing a lot of riders.

This sign basically warning riders to wise up or that section of road will be closed to motorcyclists.

Attachments

• 9516.jpg
    9516.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 472
Last edited:
Back